Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 07:02 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Blind Defense vs. 2+2\'er

play it fast so he doesn't fold
Old 04-07-2005, 07:04 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I agree with everything you say up through where you say he has to extract the maximum, and I think you stated it all well. I do think that the bet-call, check-raise line is cheesy and can let you off the hook if your hand isn't strong. if he 3-bets, he misses out on 1 SB vs check raising the turn, but there's a chance you cap, whereas you'll go into your shell with a lot of hands, or even fold, if he check raises
Old 04-07-2005, 07:25 PM

Im not sure im capping any hand here on the flop. And if i dont have an overpair to the board, the likelihood of me calling a turn bet unimproved is awfully slim. While its possible that AK, AQ, or maybe even 88 gets a turn call, i think the chances of me going past the turn is somewhat slim.

I could be tainted by knowing what both hands are. But i think anyhand that im willing to go crazy with im capping preflop.

peace

john nickle
Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 PM

you're a hell of a lot more likely to pay off if he 3-bets the flop than if he check raises the turn. a flop 3-bet is a much, much weaker move. the turn checkraise is a move I use against idiots who won't fold.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:30 PM

this is sound thinking. I am tainted by knowing what i had.

Assuming i cap, do you then checkraise the turn, or lead away? Probably lead right?

peace

john nickle
Old 04-07-2005, 08:31 PM

I think if you're pairless you'll fold to a bet and if you're paired you won't. if he checks, you'll just about always bet, so he can check raise and maybe make you fold a hand you shouldn't. you'll have a tough time 3-betting without a hand that crushes his. even if he has to pay off a 3-bet, that's not going to happen that often. I think that's the way to go. lead if you call or check raise if you cap
Old 04-07-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're a hell of a lot more likely to pay off if he 3-bets the flop than if he check raises the turn. a flop 3-bet is a much, much weaker move. the turn checkraise is a move I use against idiots who won't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Originally I also thought that the flop call, turn c/r was best but against a good player this play gives away the strength of your hand way too much. They can safely muck any hand you beat.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 PM

Default The rest

[ QUOTE ]
Button is known 2+2'er. What is your line and why?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ????????

[/ QUOTE ]

I called intending to c/r a non A turn.

Turn was a 7 or an 8.
I check, cnfzzd bets, I raise, he mucks.

I am the worst blind defender in the land.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: The rest

I wouldn't suggest this due to your current mental state, but you could consider semi-coldcalling
Old 04-07-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: The rest

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't suggest this due to your current mental state, but you could consider semi-coldcalling

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about a call, call, c/r line, but I wanted to get rid of BB, who could call correctly with many holdings getting 5:1. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought.

As far as my mental state, the deck hit me in the face today and I won 60BB in 400 hands, so I hope I'm back. Other than my usual insanity, of course.