Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Yuck. AKs early, muck it?

[ QUOTE ]
Limp re-raise screams AA, KK sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't disagree more at a 10+1.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:02 PM

Figure the call and push after a raise and a re-raise could mean either a complete loose cannon or a real powerhouse. If you are up against AA, oof. Some people on the lower buy in will slow play aces, and hope for that scenario right there. Sometimes with KK , QQ or JJ, especially early with no reads.

I'd fold it and live to fight another day: also could gain some valuable information to be used later on if someone calls and you see he was pushing with AJsuited or something to that effect. The other night I doubled up on the first hand getting into it with someone who had AQ, preflop all ins from both of us. Maybe not the best play on my part, but I'd feel a lot better getting all my chips in that early with AA or KK, but NOT AK (suited or not).
Old 04-07-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even considering calling this is silly in my opinion...

I don't know what buy in this is, 10+1 maybe I could see a call as people go all in with junk on that level but I would still fold as I don't need to win a coin flip in level I to beat the 10+1.

You raised, someone re-raised, and then a limper from early position pushes.

9 times out of 10 someone has KK or better. Plus with 3 people in this pot most likely it's also quite likely someone has AK as well taking two of your outs making you a bigger dog to any pocker pair.

Easy, Easy Fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, the only thing i want to add here is that you see idiots at the lower levels limp reraising with worse things than KK, even with heavy action to them.

Now, personally, i don't call here even if i've seen the guy limp reraise all the time with 99. your ak is VERY likely behind, if only by a little bit, and it's the rare player here who plays this way with AJ.

citanul