Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Neteller Problems

[ QUOTE ]
With that said, is there a way that a casual player can get money into a poker account short of linking the checking account online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was able to set up a Neteller account without linking to a checking account. It was very frustrating and there was much cursing involved. In the end, what I did was:

1. Set up a Neteller account without depositing anything (to get the account number).

2. Deposit to Party using their Global Connect Card option (there was a fee of about 5-6% for this, which sucked but I was fed up and just wanted to set up an account).

3. Played enough to clear the bonus on Party.

4. Cashed out some of the money from Party to Neteller to fund the Neteller account.

5. Then I had to call Neteller because this didn't work. Once I talked to them and explained that I couldn't link my checking account to them (I told them that "my wife would kill me" and that seemed to convince them), they cleared the deposit and activated my account.

6. Since then I have made several transfers between Neteller & Party and Neteller & Ultimate Bet with no problems.

This may not be the best way to go about this, but it did work for me.

The whole experience was fairly frustrating though.

Good luck.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:43 PM

so wait, you do have to link to the checking account no matter what to deposit unto Neteller (short of doing what you are doing)? I thought you could just deposit funds using your credit card without having to do that (with the 3.9% fee). I have not gotten around to doing the SSN thing, but if I have to link anyways, I might as well just use FirePay and not have to do the whole SSN thing.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:56 PM

If you are going to play online poker it is probably worth your time to get the SSN thing straightened out with them. That is so weird. I have always found them to be reliable. I would ask to speak to a manager or something. Not that it will do any good... just an idea. Let them know that THEY are wrong. They are funny about security so that might be a non starter, but it is prolly worth a try.

[ QUOTE ]

I find it hard to believe that there are so many people playing online when it is so complicated to get money into poker accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does take some initiative. If the process were easier a LOT more people would play online poker. If it were as simple as using a credit card it would stock the rooms with more fish than we would know what to do with!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:01 PM

You don't have to link Neteller to a checking account if you can find another way of funding Neteller.

I couldn't at first as they would not accept my credit cards. So I funded a poker site first (Party) and then used part of my balance on the poker site to fund Neteller.

Which is admittedly not the way it is supposed to happen...

If you can use your credit card to fund Neteller, then once you get the SSN issue sorted out, you should be able to fund the Neteller account that way.

I agree that this whole process is surprisingly difficult. I spent several days thoroughly frustrated over it before finally getting it sorted out.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:32 PM

Well, I have to thank everybody for helping me sort this stuff out. One day, the Republicans will be gone, and maybe, just maybe, online gambling and man-on-pumpkin sex will be completely legal. When that happens, we will no longer have to worry about how to fund our accounts or sweat nervously during Halloween. I am crossing my fingers for 08'. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]