Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Move up? How do I look?

i wouldnt, atleast not yet. i didnt move up to 1/2 until i had about 12k hands. you really can run good for 10k hands, the converse is also true. i would wait until 10k, which should come pretty quickly 4 tabling. good luck.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:57 AM

I have generally been following the suggestions from SSHE when it comes to PF starting hands. I think I'll play to 10k hands and see where my PFR% is at.

As far a s cold calling it looks like most of those hands are Axs and KQs type hands on the button with 3-4 players in.

Does my V$IP look a little loose? I have tightened up in the last half of those hands. At 3k it was closer to 23%.

Thanks folks.

I have only been playing poker for 3 months. It's been a lot of fun.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have generally been following the suggestions from SSHE when it comes to PF starting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the deal. Following charts is fine and all, but it won't really improve your game.

One really bad 80% VPIP'er limps UTG. Folded to you in the hijack (MP3), and CO and Button are reasonably tight players, since you practice good seat selection (right?).

You have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Do we A) fold, B) raise, C) limp?

What about A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

Rob
Old 04-07-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have generally been following the suggestions from SSHE when it comes to PF starting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the deal. Following charts is fine and all, but it won't really improve your game.

One really bad 80% VPIP'er limps UTG. Folded to you in the hijack (MP3), and CO and Button are reasonably tight players, since you practice good seat selection (right?).

You have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Do we A) fold, B) raise, C) limp?

What about A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,

Can you expect a micro'er with rudimentary post-flop skills (I'm talking about me here, not the OP) to turn a profit with QJo from the Hijack? I see that the blinds are tight, and limpy-limperton limped, but 2 random hands OOP in the blinds ..... F**k, nevermind. I'm raising all 3 of these.

Thanks again Rob [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 11:10 AM

Nate,

Here's a look at it from Stove's equity perspective:

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: 41.4025 % [ 00.40 00.01 ] { QJo }
Hand 2: 29.3148 % [ 00.28 00.01 ] { random }
Hand 3: 29.2827 % [ 00.28 00.01 ] { random }

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly, though, you have to remember the importance initiative has. Say the flop comes A74, checked to you -- when you bet you'll get folds pretty frequently on this kind of board, given your preflop raise.

It's especially easy to be raising suited aces, suited Kings K8s+, and lots of offsuit broadways in these types of situations.

Rob
Old 04-07-2005, 11:10 AM

I see where you are going with this. I would probably limp with 2 out of those 3 hands.

As far as table selection goes I don't have enough data to do much seat selection. I do look for the high pot size high flop % tables. Those 6k hands have come from 4 sites, Poker Room, Paradise, Empire, and UB. After reading a few bison posts I realize what having those tight players on the left and fish on the right can do.

At 3500 hands my V$IP was 23 and i was winning at a higher rate, but i attributed it to good cards.

The things that make me nervous are when I raise with QJs and i get reraised behind me (or reraised and reraised). What's the best to handle that? Dump the hand?call with a few other callers?
Old 04-07-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see where you are going with this. I would probably limp with 2 out of those 3 hands.

As far as table selection goes I don't have enough data to do much seat selection. I do look for the high pot size high flop % tables. Those 6k hands have come from 4 sites, Poker Room, Paradise, Empire, and UB. After reading a few bison posts I realize what having those tight players on the left and fish on the right can do.

At 3500 hands my V$IP was 23 and i was winning at a higher rate, but i attributed it to good cards.

The things that make me nervous are when I raise with QJs and i get reraised behind me (or reraised and reraised). What's the best to handle that? Dump the hand?call with a few other callers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost never raising and folding to a 3-bet PF in limit poker, especially with suited broadways.

Rob
Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 AM

Ok good because neither do I [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]