Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: bad experience at the bellagio?

Bear - I have to disagree with you there. I've played lower-limit poker all across the country and the Las Vegas locals are by far the rudest players in the country. I've also logged many hours at The Woods and have never seen a player throw their cards at the dealer or curse the dealer when the cards don't go their way - this happens all to frequently on my trips to Las Vegas.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:37 PM

I have not had good expriences at the Bellagio either. Mandalay Bay is my favorite room. There are some local rocks who are bitter retirees, but for the most part the games are freindly, and since Mandalay draws a younger crowd, there is plenty of action on the weekends.

The drink service is also pretty good and the waitresses are HOT.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:53 PM

This is my experience as well. I'm really surprised to hear all these negative things about the Bellagio games. I'm talking 4/8 btw. I've played everywhere on the strip (well now I have to add MGM and Wynn when it opens) and I always end up at the Bellagio.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-06-2005, 05:36 PM

That's part of the beauty of Vegas! If the place you are at sucks, you can walk down the street and find all kinds of other games!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:08 PM

Hot= NOT
Old 04-06-2005, 07:29 PM

Sounds like last Friday night at the Borgata playing 10/20. The waitress service is usually good, but at 3 A.M. it suffers. Otherwise almost everything you described happened.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:15 PM

I was there on saturday night as well from about midnight to 3 (well 4 if you count the time change). The players at my table were horrible and the table was your regular drunken low limit table. I did not enjoy the temporary room at all and was also very disturbed by the following hand.

Two young asian guys who had been playing very tight but were always involved in the same pots (and pretended not to know each other), the hand goes like this:

asian guy in first position raises with Q9o, his friend three bets with 46o and some drunk guy caps with KJo. Everyone else folds.

Flop comes down K 3 5 rainbow, UTG asian guy raises, his "friend re raises and player 3 shows KJo to the other half of the table and mucks, the hand is subsequently checked down to the river. This seemed pretty odd to me. I left the table about 20 minutes after this happened.

I went to the excalibur for the rest of the night to play drunken 1-3 and won 40 big bets in an hour. I left rambling about how I can crush the game for 40 big bets an hour.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:46 PM

So the guy caps pre-flop with KJ off, then gets the best flop he could see for KJ off and folds? Guess I'll be playin that game in a few motnhs.

--LoO
Old 04-06-2005, 09:17 PM

I have no interest to wait 2 hours for a seat on a weeknight just to play against some of the toughest competition in town, when I can go accross the street or elsewhere and play against the 2/4 World Poker Tour wannabes and keep draining those games.

Last time I was at the Bellagio, I asked for a table change and they actually said "sir, we have people that have been waiting for a seat longer than you've waited for a table change" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I was completely confused what that meant. When a seat opens, I move, someone else takes mine, whats the problem, lol.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:19 AM

i dunno, other than running into the occasional rude maniac at the 4-8 table, people are usually friendly. except for the old people, those grumpy mofos always want to see my hand.