Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Is there any way I could know I was beat here?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't give bad advice just to make someone feel better (especially since OP's post was just a bad beat in disguise).

On the other hand, OP certainly could have lost more money on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just repeated exactly what you originally berated Kaishin for. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2005, 08:14 PM

My first impression what that is was a poor me bad beat post. Then I remembered how it takes courage for newer players learning proper aggression to play the right way. So I will some it up: keep betting when the board pairs here. Well played. Next time, however, I would not post the results of the hand -- which is SOP on this board (though a venal sin, not a mortal one).
Old 04-04-2005, 08:19 PM

Well played. Not much you can do. Also, avoid posting results with the hand and don't title your thread in such a way that gives the results away. It can skew the advice given to you. This hand is pretty cookie cutter, but on closer hands you don't want to give any indication of the results.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:20 PM

Nice hand.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:34 PM

Well, I wouldn't say I berated him, but...

I said OP could have lost more because if either of two other players had raised, then OP should 3-bet and the hand gets expensive. If KaiShin said the same thing, but only to make the guy feel better (implying he didn't believe it), then he was giving bad advice for a bad reason.

I only give bad advice for good reasons. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2005, 05:53 PM

I don't really understand this hand posting. You were not beat until the river and if it wasn't for the lame play of MP1 you woulda, shoulda one this hand.

You bet one bet on the river, but surely you would have called one bet on the river, because it would have been bet by one of your opponents.

This hand basically was an ideal hand for you, two people with second best hands calling you down, and one idiot with nothing calling you down. What more do you want?

The real question is what would you have done if you were raised on the flop? the turn? or the river? No those are questions that at least have some significance.

yes, you lost on the river. You should not care, because you were ahead the whole hand. These are the situations that make you money, lots of it.