Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: First multi-tabling SNG experience

Another question.

Blinds are 200. Small stack goes all-in for $600 in EP. It is 5 handed.

I have JJ on the button with about 2100. Do I just call this and hope SB or BB comes along for the ride so I can get some chips out of them, too ? I chose to reraise all-in for 2100 and pushed BB and SB out and his A4 sucked out on me which left me hurting as the blinds went up a few hands later.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:04 AM

played 2 more. 4th place in both. I either suck or I'm getting unlucky. I'm going down to single tabling.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 AM

The funniest part is that I don't think he is a troll. Actually that is pretty sad.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:18 AM

I'm really a noobie when it comes to SNGs, so I don't want to presume there's a ton of value in my comments on hand specifics, but in scenario 2, it seems to me that while your ploy would often work, it seems that "often" comes down a lot to having reads on who you're playing.

Any pair or any ace, even often any king will call you unless they're the chip leader and don't need to take many risks. All those hands beat you already. Many hands that would call you will beat you even if you improve. Your cards aren't connected, so you won't have much chance of pulling a straight or flush out of thin air either.

So if you get called, your chance of being behind isn't small. I guess you just have to hope you don't get called. Some of that will come from luck, and some from your table reads. Which you didn't give us.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another question.

I have JJ on the button with about 2100. Do I just call this and hope SB or BB comes along for the ride so I can get some chips out of them, too ? I chose to reraise all-in for 2100 and pushed BB and SB out and his A4 sucked out on me which left me hurting as the blinds went up a few hands later.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ isn't that strong. Anyone who comes in cheap and spikes an ace, queen, or king will kill you. And you don't want to be facing a flop that turns into a strong draw for someone.

I think trying to isolate him by a huge bet was a good idea. Your JJ has an excellent chance against a short stack, even if he is raising from EP, and if everyone folds, it's only a $600 risk, a bit more than a quarter of your stack. It has much worse chances against three people. And it's not a folding hand.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The funniest part is that I don't think he is a troll. Actually that is pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm beginning to think he actually IS trolling now. i have way too much faith in humanity to think there is actually somebody in the world with so few brain cells.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:00 AM

You sir, are a douche bag...
Old 04-04-2005, 10:01 AM

Baked, I hope you aren't talking to me. I'll assume that you aren't.

If you are talking to me, what in this post made you say that ?

I asked about 2 different scenarios that were perfectly fine questions. So what's your problem ? Parents divorced? Daddy touch you where he shouldn't ?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP - AKA middle position. With 2000 posts, I figured you knew this. WHy are you even commenting on this thread ? You don't have anything insightful or constructive to say so go jerk off on your Pamela Andersen poster, dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a mistake, someone (a damn fine poster here) asks you to clarify, and you berate him. You're a douche bag... have a nice day losing at the fives...
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another question.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great example of why you apparently arent killing the 5s (besides your attitude sucking).

You never want 3 other hands to "come along for the ride" with JJ...that is just so fundamental and I cant even go on to explain why bc Ill hate myself.