Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: HONEST CRITICS PLEASE READ!!

I'm going to ignore your stats for a moment and give you a theoretical answer:

A) You don't know how good you are
B) You have trouble beating loose-passive games

It is possible that someone could be a good player and still have those problems, but I would give that some thought before taking out a second mortgage to play with the pros.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:44 AM

Ignore all posts except KYRO. You asked for honest, critical advice and you got just that. Now it's up to you to take that advice to heart and follow up. If your not willing to do that then ignore this and listen to other posters, sell everything and let us know what table you'll be sitting at.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: an honest answer

Yeah, it sounds like you are seriously thinking about moving up in limits. You might wanna look up the word sarcasm and think about while reading everythread but kyro's
Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 PM

Next time you make a post asking for honest critics you might want to try not posting it right before April Fools Day.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I play $5-$10 SnG's and I finish in the money 70% of the time out of those I finish first place 30-40%.
I really like $10 short handed's late at night very easy!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't. I'm serious. If you're posting this after playing 10 tourneys, I'm going to slap you. But honestly, the best player in the world couldn't accomplish that. So stop lying to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

He mentioned shorthanded -- if he's playing the Pacific 5-players this is definitely doable. I imagine there are some other short SnGs out there where it is as well.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:53 PM

I was pretty sure kyro was the only genuine one altho he came off alil too strong. i did not make any false statements in me original thread. 70% is damn close under 65 and i would then be lying just to please the forum.
ok so maybe i should of rephrased my questionnow that i have this knowledge about how good i really am or not. I reckon if an expert were an A+ player and F- as a guy who just got done watching a WPT and cant even shuffle a deck yet. I see myself as D+ or C-.......Now wut do i do with this information and how to I "Improve my grade?"
Old 04-01-2005, 09:59 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I was pretty sure kyro was the only genuine one altho he came off alil too strong. i did not make any false statements in me original thread. 70% is damn close under 65 and i would then be lying just to please the forum.
ok so maybe i should of rephrased my questionnow that i have this knowledge about how good i really am or not. I reckon if an expert were an A+ player and F- as a guy who just got done watching a WPT and cant even shuffle a deck yet. I see myself as D+ or C-.......Now wut do i do with this information and how to I "Improve my grade?"

[/ QUOTE ]

play more poker
Old 04-01-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I finish 80% of the time in the upper third to upper fifth of the entrants my best records are-

[/ QUOTE ]

On some sites I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even need to show up and could still finish in the upper third of the lower buy-in MTT's 80% of the time (and maybe even the not-so-low buy-in's)
Old 04-01-2005, 11:05 PM

I think you're an 'E' at best. That doesn't mean you can't become a good player with the proper dedication though.

Best of luck to you.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i did not make any false statements in me original thread. 70% is damn close under 65 and i would then be lying just to please the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

For god's sake man, keep some proper records, so you don't need to resort to this sort of hand-waving. That in itself will move you up half a grade.