Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Carnivale

Umm... I think you forgot the show displayed in your avatar. In fact it seems as though everyone has, and it's a classic IMO.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, it's not that I don't think Deadwood is great at what it does, I just feel like between all their other shows, it doesn't really break any new ground. Plus I just don't need to go adding *more* regular shows to my TV lineup.

Sopranos -- awesome of course
The Wire -- somehow everyone I know missed this one. Until Season 2 of Carnivale, I thought it was the best show on TV, period. Now it's closer to a tie.
Unscripted -- hated it, got high, loved it.
Six Feet Under -- beautiful.
Sex in the City -- thank god this self-indulgent predictable crap is dead, or at least relegated to syndication hell.
Curb Your Enthusiasm -- hilarious.
America Undercover -- anyone who thinks Americans are *all* turning into mindless suburban clones needs to check this out.

What am I forgetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're only listing current shows, you did fine. But if you want to list every great show, you forgot the greatness of Oz. Oz is what first turned me on the HBO series. Sopranos is actually one of my least favorites. I'm kicking myself for not watching Deadwood from the beginning. I guess I'll have to get the first season DVD to check it out, because I keep hearing raves about it.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm... I think you forgot the show displayed in your avatar. In fact it seems as though everyone has, and it's a classic IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt list it partly because they took the idea from a show that was already popular (in England)...kind of a stretch, but I only included the stuff HBO came up with themselves...

Now Oz, that was a stupid omission on my part. Oz was great but tailed off in terms of original content over the last 3 or so seasons.

The last truly great season was the one where Adibizi is killed in the finale.