Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: US Poker Championship

[ QUOTE ]

You are incredibly ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-25-2005, 10:13 PM

I saw so many mistakes made by the announcers that I turned off the tv. Terrible, terrible coverage.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:38 PM

I've got Beavis' back on this one. Now, it is true that TV can portray people in a different light. I think it is obvious that Josh Arieh is a good guy when he's away from the table, since everyone who interacts with him away from the table says so.

However, I think Josh's competitive fire turns him into a jerk while at the poker table. I'm not sure this is really a bad thing for his poker game, as some of the best at their sport are complete jerks while competing but gentlemen off the court (Michael Jordan for one). The difference is that poker requires human interaction, at least live, so players are placed under greater scrutiny than others engaged in competitive endeavors.

But let's stop defending Josh Arieh because he's a great guy away from the table. Somewhere along the way it becomes impossible to reach any other conclusion but that Josh actually is a jerk at the poker table. I think we've reached that point.

WJ
Old 03-25-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By watching him be an ass on TV time and time again.

ESPN can't make you look like an ass unless you are being one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are incredibly ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are, are you saying that ESPN created him berating whats his name in the Harry D? They invented him and Todo?

Don't be a complete shill. He acted how he acted. I dont care what he whispered to someone in the crowd, I care what he said to peoples faces.

Wow, his friends say he is great away from the table and is nice as long as you dont piss him off, so what?

Get your dick out of his ass.

If you are gonna pop-off, back it up jack-ass.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:55 PM

I was playing a NL Tournament at the LA Poker Classic and we were fairly late and I came over the top of a steal-raise from a button player with an all-in while holding TT. The guy went into the tank and Sam Grizzle called the clock on him. I didn't say anything, but I was really pissed because I felt it could effect his decision -- didn't really know if I wanted a call or not, but still it was very annoying. The guy folded. I spoke to Sam during a break and told him the move showed poor sportsmanship, especially since many other players had taken much longer than this guy and nobody called time on them. He was drinking quite a bit, so his senses were somewhat impaired and perhaps this contributed to the call for time <g>.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:17 AM

Lol. Complaining to a drunk Sam Grizzle is on the top of the list of things I'd never do.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I care what he said to peoples faces.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you care in the first place? If he's an ass, he's an ass. So what, get over yourself.
[ QUOTE ]

Wow, his friends say he is great away from the table and is nice as long as you dont piss him off, so what?

[/ QUOTE ]
So because he said a few things on TV, that of course ESPN is going to show, you think he's an ass? For all you know he is a nice guy. Do you really think ESPN is going to show that? Nope, because it doesn't make good TV.
[ QUOTE ]

If you are gonna pop-off, back it up jack-ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Back what up? You being ignorant? You said ESPN can't make you look like an ass unless you are being one. Please, please tell me you really don't believe that. Because if you do, his statement was correct.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:45 AM

No, his statement was not correct, ESPN cannot put words into someones mouths, they cant put expressions on their faces, they can feature it and play it up, but that is all.

You think Josh didnt berrate Harry D, he didnt interfere with Todo?

Grow up.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got Beavis' back on this one. Now, it is true that TV can portray people in a different light. I think it is obvious that Josh Arieh is a good guy when he's away from the table, since everyone who interacts with him away from the table says so.

However, I think Josh's competitive fire turns him into a jerk while at the poker table. I'm not sure this is really a bad thing for his poker game, as some of the best at their sport are complete jerks while competing but gentlemen off the court (Michael Jordan for one). The difference is that poker requires human interaction, at least live, so players are placed under greater scrutiny than others engaged in competitive endeavors.

But let's stop defending Josh Arieh because he's a great guy away from the table. Somewhere along the way it becomes impossible to reach any other conclusion but that Josh actually is a jerk at the poker table. I think we've reached that point.

WJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put, and I don't hate Josh either, I don't play live because I would probably act worse than he does.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You think Josh didnt berrate Harry D, he didnt interfere with Todo?

Grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did I ever say he didn't? "Rereading what I posted..." Nope, didn't say that. So WTF does that have to do with what I said?

Ask anyone that has ever been in tv, or even on the radio for that matter. They can make you look however they want.

Look at it this way. If a person says two things that are out of place, you are only on tv those two times, but 500 other times you are respectable, how do you think tv makes you look? Even though it might not be true.

Sort of like our posts here, I see you as an ass, you see me as an ass, you see the other guy as an ass, but does that mean we are?

Hell, even Greg said that Josh and him talked and everything was okay.