Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Results

Agree with Astro -- betting out sucks.

Anyway, moving on...

[ QUOTE ]
Flop Ad9d8c.

I bet, UTG raises, nobody folds so four plus me to the turn after my call.

Turn Q. I check. UTG checks. MP1 bets. Raiser calls. SB calls. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG also calls on the turn.

There river was a low card blank. Checked to MP1 who bets. 2 folds and UTG calls. MP1 shows Th6h for ten high. UTG wins the pot with As3s. I feel foolish and wonder if my fold was bad because it's hard to ignore the result. Post confirms it may have been right to call the turn and see what happens on the river.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: AT fold

[ QUOTE ]
even a 3 out gutshot isn't the end of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is a 1.5 out gutshot.

Even so, the posibility of having the best hand in addition to added outs makes it a bad fold unless all the opponents are well known thinking players.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: AT fold

Here's my thoughts before reading the results...

Since UTG just limped, he probably has a small/mid pair, Axs if he's a little loose. Since no one raised after he limped I don't think any of the other callers have any A either, probably just overpair or any A or a suited connector.

On the flop betting is fine, calling the raise is fine as well. No point of reraising here since thers too many draws.

On the turn, I felt that a c/r or calling was better than just folding, betting out wouldn't be that bad either. There are still draws on the board so betting out will not fold many hands, you would hate to get c/r here as well but you wouldn't mind since you still have a straight draw. Raising the turn is probably the best play specially after the UTG checked(he might even fold his Axs in this position), MP1 and MP2 surely don't have an A(at least not a kicker higher than yours) and are probably on a draws. The fact that they bet after UTG checked doesn't mean they have JT, lots of the time they are on a draw or a pair with a gutshot. Since you are ahead you can still raise here since you still have outs, 4 outter to complete your straight if you are behind or your lone A will win you the pot or split it with UTG. If you are reraised, I'll fold if I don't improve to my straight.

Your play on the river will depend on what flops and if it completes a flush or the T for your 2 pair but makes someone a straight. Check-Call or Bet-Call.

Any comments?