Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Satellites for fun and profit

[ QUOTE ]
so lets say on empire I qualify twice for the 200K guaranteed, id get the buyin price back the second time i qualify

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes 2nd entry for $200K gets automatically turned into $270 real money.
~Justin
Old 03-24-2005, 12:51 PM

for those that play AbsolutePOker

don't try this at AbsolutePoker:
Thank you for your email. As stated in rule 15 of our multi table tourneys: Players who have won their seats through a satellite can not unregister.

There is no cash equivalent to winning two entries and entries do not roll over so please if you have won an entry to the main event do not try to win another until it is for the next event.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for those that play AbsolutePOker

don't try this at AbsolutePoker:
Thank you for your email. As stated in rule 15 of our multi table tourneys: Players who have won their seats through a satellite can not unregister.

There is no cash equivalent to winning two entries and entries do not roll over so please if you have won an entry to the main event do not try to win another until it is for the next event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is also the case at UB, where they warn you not to play in two sats.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:26 PM

On Paradise, you have to play if you win an entry. I don't know what they do if you win two.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:40 PM

i do great in the supersats at pokerstars.
over my last 20 or so (and that is about all i've played) i am right around 50%.
i think part of it is i am very good tacticly when near the bubble. i know when you must fold and when others must fold so i can steal.
many have no clue and think they have to stay in at times when they shouldn't even be in the hand, it is great.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is also the case at UB, where they warn you not to play in two sats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, so caveat emptor, and check your site's policy before trying. Good to know.

In any case, I think most sites have the general policy that you have to play the first one you win, but you get the cash for subsequent ones. Suits me.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:34 PM

This is the ONLY way I have afforded Party's Guaranteed 250K and Mil tourneys. I wouldn't consider them "VERY" soft though as it could still take a good 4 hours to qualify for the 10 or so seats depending on the number of original entries.

Fun? Yes! Profit? Not yet. I have not cashed in yet in the 7 or 8 guaranteeds I have entered. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 04:59 PM

at stars I qualified in their WSOP 2+rebuy for the 33+3r for a WSOP seat. Well since the sat. was so late at night and I had to work the next morning I just unregistered and the $33 was in my account instantly.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:41 PM

Is it feasible to play the PP guaranteed satellites and qualify for <$50/night?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:58 PM

You will find at least 1 $11 and 1 $22 sats for the quarter and mil guaranteed every night. No rebuys at Party. I think 11:30 PM and 00:AM EST. There me some earlier but I am not sure. Just check the Special Tourney board.