Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: A tough AJo hand...how would you play it better?

do you really think hed overbet the flop with top pair? i doubt. it. bottom two? he has a big draw or 888. i think the former is way more likely. i woulda raised the flopp. if not, bet alot more on the turn. on the river, it depends on whether you think he would stop-n-go-stone-bluff (busted royal draw?). id fold. he has 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. but youre the one who plats with this guy regularly. BTW. when he checked the turn, did you think there was any chance in hell you didnt have the best hand? why didnt you bet more? i love to play big pots with the best hand.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Results

Yeah, most of you hit this dead on, up until now, I never really thought this guy was capable of firing off river bluffs...I stand corrected. T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I love playing big pots with the best hand too, but I don't feel like pumping it on the flop as he is calling/raising this hand and we are coin flipping. I misread his hand and should have pumped it on the turn. At that point if he reraises hard I have no problem putting chips in plus it would probably keep him from making a river bet when he missed... Thanks for all the advice.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Results

I dont think betting 100 on the turn is necessarily so bad you keep the pot small and hide strength of hand. the only thing is by only betting 100 i think you have to call a pot sized bet here on any non-spade river, paying off his straight. if you bet 200 and get called and now he leads out it puts you in a lot tougher spot. 100 induces more bluffs, keeps pot small, and disguises your hand i like the turn bet, villian is a good player who puts you in a tough spot, but by betting 100 you are in least tough spot i think. i like how you played it