Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods - Dealer Incompetance in the 1/2 No Limit Game

This is good news. The next time I play in that godawful game I plan to sit down with $250 behind and hopefully no nits will bust my hump.

As for the dealers, they put all the scrubby new dealers in this game because that's where all the scrubby new players are. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tip the dealers. Yes, some of them suck, but they have a tough job and the good ones are sharing in the tip pool.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the hordes of unwashed players who don't have a clue about string bets, splashing the pot, board/table talk, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
(I always find the incompetence of the staff at Foxwoods to be nicely matched by the incompetence of my opponents, but on to the subject at hand.)
At this point, I'm thinking that the main draw of the binky NL game at Foxwoods is the entertainment value, and the sheer cluelessness of both the staff and patrons is just frosting on that cake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Toots,
You & the Gnu could not be any more correct in your assessment. I made my first ever trip to the 'woods this week. Unwashed, incompetent, and entertaining are the key words.
Unwashed: Five minutes after I sat in the 8 seat, the floor filled the 9 seat with a guy who smelled like a 3 month old ashtray.
Incompetent: I've sat in drunken home games with less misdeals and bets out of turn.
Entertainment: It couldn't be beat. It's always funny when people raise with 2nd, 3rd & 4th best hands are upset when they don't get paid. The table talk was fantastic - it made it much easier to put everyone on a hand. I had two guys betting into me practically telling me what they had. I was in the 8 and the guy in the 2 kept fiddling with his cards. I could see what he was holding from the other end of the table!
I was thrilled to make the trip, and I will surely do it again.

Derek wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
This story actually spans three different dealers, so the issue is not with a single dealer, but rather the service at foxwoods. I am writing a letter to the manager, but with little competition in the area, I expect absolutely nothing to be done. Just wanted to share my frustrating tale and let you guys know to be on the lookout for things like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Derek: I see where you're coming from, but I have to feel bad for the dealers there. Clearly if they try to enforce the house rules for buy-ins against the 'woods crowd, they are only asking to get snarled at and lose tokes. If it is really bothering you, give the limit games with the higher blinds a try - those games seem to be just as soft, but with a few less maniacs.

Regards,
Nick
Old 03-24-2005, 03:22 PM

bOOOOOOM....I agree with you! I get away with as much as they do. I can't tell you how many times I've slipped an extra green chip or 3 into my stack. If they let everyone else get away with it, why not me! You may think this unethical but play at Foxwoods for a couple weeks and you will agree. As for dealers, I only tip the good ones(even though they pool, it makes me feel better.)