Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Leaving Commerce

This was different from not giving me enough bills. She announced a total that was a rack short, counted out that amount, and handed it to me, which I think is why I didn't catch it at first.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:41 PM

happened to me once before when turning in 1 rack of yellow and a 2/3 white, 1/3 blue stack. she counted the white as $10 each the first time through...

eep.

fim
Old 03-22-2005, 11:42 PM

First time I'm hearing something like this from da Merce. They usually do a pretty good job of cashing out although their floormen suck sometimes.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi sfer,

Yes, just a few times out of hundreds. As a previous poster mentioned, after the first time, I started to count it prior to arriving at the cage. I even got an extra hundred once (I gave it back). It's normally the veteran cashiers that count it way too fast and screw up. The rookies are the ones that count it at least two times, fearing they have miscounted. Although yours is quite odd, since the yellow chips are pretty easy to count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey onegymrat,

I noticed the pic of the chips and by your comments I assume they're from the 9-18 game at Commerce, correct? If so, are you a regular there? I played that game several times before and each time the games were playing like 3-6 and was wondering if that's the norm. If so, I imagine clocking +$30/hr in that game is easily attainable. Care to share?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:13 AM

Never had a problem that I know of. They call somebody over to verify when it's over a certain amount (or at least some of the cashiers do, perhaps if it's over their limit).

You're lucky she made you right.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is easiest to keep track of payouts in the $1000 to $3000 range.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't know...I don't buy into games for $5000.

(aka "I'm not running g00t")

Josh
Old 03-23-2005, 12:49 AM

Default stankybank

Hi SB,

Yes, that is a live 9/18 game at Commerce in the picture. It is the looseness of this particular game that keeps me here as a regular. I really feel that I am making more $/hour at my skill level than I would in a 15 or 20 game.

I must say, however, that $30+/hour is certainly not "easily attainable", but surely doable. I took a bad beating at first, until I learned to adjust to the regular play of those players. It's the unpredictable aggressiveness of this game that makes your stack fluctuate so much. So far this year, my rate is 3BB+/hour, but to do this you really need to put your ego aside (most players think they have to prove they can beat a maniac table) and have a great sense of table selection. And yes, I have still much to learn. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:23 AM

You didn't make this clear when you first told it to me. She clearly counted the chips in the process of putting them back (after you walked away) and realized she had too many. Then, when you came back, she wans't surprised. No big deal. Count your chips before, I guess...
Old 03-23-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that too, at first. Then the ease with which she corrected herself made me suspicious.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that too, at first. Then the ease with which she corrected herself made me suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've implied several times now that you think she may have done it on purpose. Think about it: $500? If she's going to skim, you'd think she'd be more subtle. Anyone stupid enough to think they can get away with stiffing people for nearly 1/2 of their cashout is also stupid enough to actually just miscount by a rack. Not that it's really an issue of "stupid" but you know what I mean.

SpaceAce