Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Internet Poker Vs \"Real Poker\"

I think I get your drift, but I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Could you expand a bit on your post?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Here is the How and Why.....

First the How.....
1. Certainly, the games have programs that calculate the odds of certain hands winning....
2. Just like in PS2 games such as Madden, they change the odds of a player catching the football to make it more difficult, thereby influencing the person to punt on 4th down rather than go for it. It is a simulation to produce a reaction from the players. They dont make it happen, but they change the "odds"
3. Each card has an odd or percentage that it comes up....certainly, the program knows what cards are out there.
4. My belief is that if I have 7 and 3, and I fold it on a small bet, the odds increase automatically for 7 and 3 to come up. Not set, just increase the chances. Then when I say, damn I should of played that for the cheap bet just to see the flop when it comes up 3, 3, 7 (this happened last night), the program gets the desired response of more people calling small bets!!!

It not that the program would set up the bets, just change the odds making it more likely that the underdogs wuold hit their cards!!!

Why??

For every bet, the game gets some. The more people that bet, the more they get.

Or, just to make more people want to keep playing, make it more exciting!!! Who wants to play only a couple hands per hour on the internet?? It is just not fun. People would go away!

Just a theory....But again, even in Madden Football....you can slight the odds slightly, and I can know it, but if I am better than you, I WILL WIN!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody seen a website that the underdog isn't the favorite 75% most of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes: http://twodimes.net/poker/
Old 03-24-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Here is the How and Why.....

[ QUOTE ]
First the How.....
1. Certainly, the games have programs that calculate the odds of certain hands winning....
2. Just like in PS2 games such as Madden, they change the odds of a player catching the football to make it more difficult, thereby influencing the person to punt on 4th down rather than go for it. It is a simulation to produce a reaction from the players. They dont make it happen, but they change the "odds"
3. Each card has an odd or percentage that it comes up....certainly, the program knows what cards are out there.
4. My belief is that if I have 7 and 3, and I fold it on a small bet, the odds increase automatically for 7 and 3 to come up. Not set, just increase the chances. Then when I say, damn I should of played that for the cheap bet just to see the flop when it comes up 3, 3, 7 (this happened last night), the program gets the desired response of more people calling small bets!!!

It not that the program would set up the bets, just change the odds making it more likely that the underdogs wuold hit their cards!!!

Why??

For every bet, the game gets some. The more people that bet, the more they get.

Or, just to make more people want to keep playing, make it more exciting!!! Who wants to play only a couple hands per hour on the internet?? It is just not fun. People would go away!

Just a theory....But again, even in Madden Football....you can slight the odds slightly, and I can know it, but if I am better than you, I WILL WIN!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is ignorance really bliss?
Old 03-25-2005, 05:53 AM

does anyone else get the feeling that all the n00bs who've posted in this thread are the same guy?
Old 03-25-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Add signature to this post

I want to preview my post

In response to
Poster: Justin A
Subject: Re: Internet Poker Vs "Real Poker"

does anyone else get the feeling that all the n00bs who've posted in this thread are the same guy?

[/ QUOTE ]
area
Old 03-25-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Add signature to this post

I want to preview my post

In response to
Poster: Justin A
Subject: Re: Internet Poker Vs "Real Poker"

[/ QUOTE ]
area

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:43 PM

If you have to ask, you'll never understand.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have to ask, you'll never understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

touche?