Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Moist Reliable Online Tell Ever

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think online tells exist in limit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it certainly does. When he mucks you know he didn't have a good hand. If it was heads up and he mucks, grab the pot for value.
Unless of course he's clever as a rabbit and bluff/folds. Gotta watch out for those guys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 06:33 PM

I don't think online tells exist in limit poker

i respectfully disagree. they are not as valuable as live, but the value is matching the tell to the player. my notes are full of betting pattern tells on certain players that are almost 100%. again, you need to match the player with the tell in many samples in order for it to be reliable.

example

Pause check

with three or 4 or my regular fish, if they are in early position, this always means they are drawing and do not want a bet behind them.

bet with confidence as long as the pause is not connection related.

there are a couple of others that are pretty solid too.

one of the most overlooked tells of all is actual player chat. weak = strong and strong = weak is pretty solid with players that are not fancy or experienced. if a guy on the button says "i can't get a hand tonight to save my life", then raises when it gets to him, is holding aces.

i always am amazed when people say they play with chat off.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:58 PM

And if he value calls his nuts, you know you are up against a superior player.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 PM

The pause check. I bet for value on this ALL the time.

The incredibly rapid fire bet. I call down this all the time.

The incredibly small hesitation then bet on the turn. "oh crap he calle dmy flop bet? what do I do...bet again!!". This one is tough to pick up because it could just be his phone rang or hes got a hand on another table or what not, but you can get intot he flow of the game and tell when these are legit pauses and when they are no (most of the time). This tell is prolly my favorite, and ive stolen tons of pots, and called down lots of winners just because of it.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:56 PM

The only tells i put much value in are when the person acts faster than normal. To many things can contribute to a slower than normal action, but far fewer things make a person act faster than normal. If the slower bet is followed by a change in betting style, obviously that compounds to a tell. But almost everytime somebody has autobet on, or makes sure to bet quick, that means they have tptk or AA_QQ. This is coming from a mainly party player, so people are barely ever tricky with this button.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:11 PM

After people kept mentioning how much of a tell it is I began using this in trickier situations. Works pretty well versus Party players.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only tells i put much value in are when the person acts faster than normal. To many things can contribute to a slower than normal action, but far fewer things make a person act faster than normal. If the slower bet is followed by a change in betting style, obviously that compounds to a tell. But almost everytime somebody has autobet on, or makes sure to bet quick, that means they have tptk or AA_QQ. This is coming from a mainly party player, so people are barely ever tricky with this button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. None of this fits me, since I usually multitable and really take advantage of the "BET $x" button wherein the software bets out in an un-bet pot.

So, for me a "fast action" means I have the nuts...or perhaps I have a good drawing hand in a multiway pot...or I'm betting with middle pair on a passive table...or...

I had a guy do the insta-auto-raise move to me on a marginal hand, so I dumped it only to have him show down garbage. So sometimes, a show of strength with insta-auto-raise indicates weakness...except when it doesn't.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:33 PM

If any of your online opponents sit back in their chair and look away from their computer, they're almost always strong. It's a tough tell to pick up on, but it's very reliable.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:50 PM

So . . . what about those multitabling?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:00 PM

nice tat

bleed much?