Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: how\'s my play here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet out on the flop. No point in check-raising. You want both players in for more bets when you have the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I had was one pair. In case that pair was good, I wanted to c/r to protect it. There's no guarantee the flush comes in, and you want to maximize your chances of winning in this raised pot, not "keep customers."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how much I agree with this. This is nearly the best possible flop for you, you don't need to shut out the BB immediately. By betting you're offering him poor odds anyway on whatever crazy draw he might have. I'd just want to get as many bets as possible in on this flop, with three players in (including yourself).

Can anyone clarify this? Betting vs. C/Ring?
Old 03-20-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His 3-bet to your check raise indicated he has a solid hand at this point and is not just getting frisky with AK or TT. I think at this point a cap is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt capping was an easy decision because of the strength of my hand after the flop. I had 9 outs to the flush and probably three more for hitting my kicker. According to cardplayer's odds calculator, I had a 47% chance of winning the pot by the river on the flop, and my opponent with AQo had 53%. With just a bit under 50% to win, does capping make sense? Hmm, maybe not.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet out on the flop. No point in check-raising. You want both players in for more bets when you have the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I had was one pair. In case that pair was good, I wanted to c/r to protect it. There's no guarantee the flush comes in, and you want to maximize your chances of winning in this raised pot, not "keep customers."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how much I agree with this. This is nearly the best possible flop for you, you don't need to shut out the BB immediately. By betting you're offering him poor odds anyway on whatever crazy draw he might have. I'd just want to get as many bets as possible in on this flop, with three players in (including yourself).

Can anyone clarify this? Betting vs. C/Ring?

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason you bet out is because you do want to keep people in. With your flush draw, you're 37% to hit the flush by the river, so if you have 2 callers in the pot with you, you want to cap it. You're getting odds to do so. If you check/raise, you're no longer gunning for the flush, but instead going for just winning unimproved (because you're not going to have 2 players in, so your odds are worse for the flush).

The best possible scenario is you bet, BB calls, villian raises, you 3-bet and BB folds villain calls. This means that each of you put in 1 bet (to pad for the flush) and then you raised villain and put in 2 more bets. This makes a nice juicy pot for your flush, and you are heads up with a very good hand.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:27 PM

1. Raise preflop
2. KEEP YOUR CURSOR THERE
3. see that you flopped top pair and the 2nd nut flush draw
4. bet and get ready to 3-bet if heads up
Old 03-20-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With just a bit under 50% to win, does capping make sense? Hmm, maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Capping doesn't make sense in that case.

I like betting this flop btw.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

According to cardplayer's odds calculator, I had a 47% chance of winning the pot by the river on the flop, and my opponent with AQo had 53%. With just a bit under 50% to win, does capping make sense? Hmm, maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw an additional opponent in between the two of you and your chances of winning the pot go down very little. That is why I would bet this flop. If BB calls and then PFR raises you are gaining. Isolating the PFR with a check/raise you are losing.

Capping the flop with 3 players involved makes much more sense.