Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: What\'s wrong with Negreanu? Anyone read his blog?

no, i have read every single post from daniel's blog and he has said several times that hes open about alot of things to the public, but some things he keeps private. you guys are trying to pick apart the things he keeps private, and you clearly have no right to do that. as a big daniel negreanu fan, i feel that he should receive some more respect than this. i would have been much more comfortable if the tone of the thread was about how daniel is losing interest in poker, and about how he doesnt feel challenged anymore than about what specific mental problems he is going through, along with how his love life has wreaked havoc on his emotions.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 PM

I am a big fan also. I didn't know he had split from his finacee, I didn't even know whether it was personal or not. BUT it was the topic of a blog he distributes at various sites so at that point it is INEVETIBLY going to draw some interest. Although I do agree that if it involves his relationship it should be left alone, posting it as the topic of his (poker) blog which is read by a lot of people WILL draw the attention of (poker) fans. Relax bro.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 PM

why did he mention these "issues" if he wants them kept private..there's no tabloid journalist snooping around, daniel brought it up.

but either way, this

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are trying to pick apart the things he keeps private, and you clearly have no right to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

is absurd. We have no right to speculate about the vague and unidentified "issues" he references in his public blog?

note a huge distincition between what you think "we" should do and what "we" have the RIGHT to do
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 PM

That guy, that's the hardest I've laughed at any post on this site.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bling.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:27 AM

The man posted on his site that he was having personal problems. He's arguably the most famous player in the word just now. We're human.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:58 AM

I agree with your sentiment, but you are wrong here.

Whatever he writes in his public blog is fair game. If he even hints at something, it's up for debate and discussion simply because of who he is.

I have no problem with him having as much privacy as he desires, but nobody should be insulted for discussing something he wanted people to read.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nyou guys are trying to pick apart the things he keeps private, and you clearly have no right to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly he isn't trying too hard to keep it private, and clearly they do have the right to speculate. It is totally unreasonable to post a statement like that in his blog and expect people not to speculate.

If you think Daniel made a bad judgement call posting it, not realizing how absurd it would be to expect people not to speculate, then you should say that. Otherwise, your position is ridiculous.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you guys have any common decency?

jeez. lighten up, bro. speculating on such is part of our culture and it happens to every public figure so if Daniel is hinting about personal stuff on his public blog, it is hardly a big deal to make a joke about it... if Daniel is so sensitive that this bothers him, then he shouldn't be writing personal stuff on his damn blog...

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I don't think people should speculate about his personal life either, but he is leaving himself open for speculation by writing personal things in his journal.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:19 AM

i dont think its so much that i feel you are voilating his rights as a person by gossiping about him, even though i do feel that way. i think its more that i feel that you guys are pathetic for discussing it.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think its so much that i feel you are voilating his rights as a person by gossiping about him, even though i do feel that way. i think its more that i feel that you guys are pathetic for discussing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think NAMBLA is pathetic. I think groups like the Ku Klux Klan are pretty pathetic. Doesn't mean I contest their legitimacy or their right to exist.