Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: 66 on the button and bubble - revised and clean

To assume that a blind will raise most of the time is wrong, they probably won't raise very often. If it's 3 handed and checked to me, I can bet some flops where I don't flop a set. There are more ways of winning this hand than flopping a set.

Anyway I still feel that allin is correct, but I would prefer calling before folding.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not the time of an SNG to be playing for set value...you're taking your pairs and using them for "FOLD VALUE"...iow, 40% they fold to my all-in plus Im a 54% favorite if they call (youve put them on 2 overcards) or a 65 percent favorite to their A baby x. Those added together make all in good here ~40% to take blinds plus villain's call (pulled this out of no where so dont ask, but dont think given two left to act, size of stacks, and villain's proclivity to limp that this is so far off)
...limping is horrible IMO...this isnt level I anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Hero has just over 12BBs. He can't afford to just limp in with 6s and fold when he doesn't flop his set. If he does this more than a couple times, he won't have any fold equity whatsoever. Time to $hit or get off the pot. I'm all-in.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To assume that a blind will raise most of the time is wrong, they probably won't raise very often. If it's 3 handed and checked to me, I can bet some flops where I don't flop a set. There are more ways of winning this hand than flopping a set.

Anyway I still feel that allin is correct, but I would prefer calling before folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you then mostly...I know there are more ways to win then flopping a set...its just w/o a raise and such a shallow stack its very hard at this point of the SNG to play multi way w/o having the funds to gather info...A min bet on the flop could be perceived as weak and you're a sitting duck...all on the flop against 2 callers no good cas you couldve done that PF and cut down on the hands.

all in all....all-in