Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Last post for the thread . . .

Steve:

If it is PP 15-30 of which you speak, this is a classic scenario for the ace-adjustment theory. I raise the flop bet 100% of the time, to force the blinds out with second or third pair.

The A will hit on the turn about 33% more often than it will in a "normal" game. In the chance that you do not improve on the turn I would check, and muck to a river bet. I would expect the flop bettor to have a 10.

TSP
Old 03-16-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Not the last post for the thread . . .

Is this as a result of pattern matching, because you hold AK? must be sommat like that
Old 03-16-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Last post for the thread . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Steve:

If it is PP 15-30 of which you speak, this is a classic scenario for the ace-adjustment theory. I raise the flop bet 100% of the time, to force the blinds out with second or third pair.

The A will hit on the turn about 33% more often than it will in a "normal" game. In the chance that you do not improve on the turn I would check, and muck to a river bet. I would expect the flop bettor to have a 10.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this post is a joke, but I don't really get it.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Last post for the thread . . .

read up on the ace-adjustment theory paluka, TSP has come up with some staggering bullshit.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: AK situation

this is a great, thought provoking post. goes to show you that if you hit middle pair, leading the flop puts the pre-flopraiser in a tough spot. except when he has an overpair [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I really like a call here. only reason a raise might be better is if you get bluffin equity from representing a higher pair. I think the free-card play is overrated in general, and not worth it here because

a) you lose customers for when you do hit
b) you can get three bet.

folding is just giving up to much with a raised pot 4 ways.

I call here 80-90% and raise 10-20, I would raise if flop bettor is LAG/bluffer, try and gt it HU, check behind on turn and call down unimproved or get a riase in if i hit one of my presumed 6 outs.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: AK situation

[ QUOTE ]
this is a great, thought provoking post. goes to show you that if you hit middle pair, leading the flop puts the pre-flopraiser in a tough spot. except when he has an overpair [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I really like a call here. only reason a raise might be better is if you get bluffin equity from representing a higher pair. I think the free-card play is overrated in general, and not worth it here because

a) you lose customers for when you do hit
b) you can get three bet.

folding is just giving up to much with a raised pot 4 ways.

I call here 80-90% and raise 10-20, I would raise if flop bettor is LAG/bluffer, try and gt it HU, check behind on turn and call down unimproved or get a riase in if i hit one of my presumed 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you chimed in because I'm way to lazy to give my own thoughts this morning. I really think you are right here. With a pretty drawless board like that in a four handed pot, the limper is gonna have a hand he planning to take a shown down a lot of the time. I think in most online games you will get three bet by a ten at least half the time. Seems to me when I raise here I usually just end up making the pot a great big mess, and then Im forced to call a turn bet with a hand that wont even have ten outs some of the time. I dont raising is horrible, and I think it could fine under the right circumstances, but agaist a bunch of unknowns I like a call.