Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Saturday night pink chip game in NYC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Laying down quads for a $15 bet is insanity! You must be part swami.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just say there is more to the story... it involves emotional highs and lows -- all within the span of about 15 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

NEWSFLASH:
TT folds quads to a straight flush.... details at 11.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2005, 10:49 PM

Ok.... not quite 11pm yet, but I can start typing it up now that I am home from work. I don't remember the exact hand, but the details are close enough that you can imagine my agony, followed by utter joy.

I think I am MP3, there is 2 limpers before me and I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Probably 5 to the flop of 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG bets, UTG+1 raises.... and I fold.

Now, for those of you who have met me, you might know that I have a rather peculiar way of mucking. It’s been called the hele-muck , the spin-muck, the helicopter muck, and TT's muck by different posters here. When I muck I like to either slide the cards along the felt spinning them just enough to try to get the bottom card to stay still while making the top card continue to spin, or I toss them in the air while spinning them and they almost always land perfectly in the muck. It's an art I have perfected due to sheer boredom, and it's always good for a few laughs.

This time the dealers hand moved as I was aiming my hele-muck to jump over his hands, and that slight twitch turned over my cards for all to see. Not a big deal, it was a perfectly reasonable fold. Except the turn brought the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the river the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UGH!!!!!!! Everyone was laughing, what bad luck I had for that to happen when my cards were flashed so everyone can see I folded the assumed winner.

That's right.... assumed winner. Because the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] gave UTG+1 a straight flush. I probably saved myself 7 or more big bets by folding on the flop, boy was I one lucky son of a bitch!

This of course calls for me to stand on the chair and dance around like Rocky... so I did something like that but not as obscene. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Suffice to say there was not a person in the room that didn't talk about that hand, it was one to remember.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:54 PM

We have been given permission to discuss this weekly game (discreetly) and invite 2+2'ers. If any local NY'ers wants information on this "home" game, please PM me. It will be spread weekly on Saturdays until a weekday is chosen (we would like to make it every Wednesday, let me know if that day is good for you). They have also agreed to spread a 3/6 game every week for those of you who don't have bigger bankrolls. To my knowledge this is the only 3/6 game in the hood.

Looking forward to meeting you there....