Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: How do u beat a Bad Player, When u have AA\'s

Why do you say bet the flop? It was a good trap I believe. If you bet the flop you will give him the opportunity to fold. If you check it, you will give him the opportunity to represent the K.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:10 PM

You just flat out got unlucky, but Im not sure why you checked the flop. Just bet the flop and see what happens.

By the way, "bet" doesnt have an "a" in it. I thought it was a typo until you did it several times.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:11 PM

if i bet the flop. he would raise for sure. do i call the raise or now fold only losing half of my stack? With the short stacks, its seems as if the money is going in either way. Mite as well give him a chance to put it in for me then to bet the flop only to have him fold a weaker hand(if he didnt have k9 and i bet the flop).
Old 03-14-2005, 12:16 PM

It didnt matter this time because he was short stacked, but what if he had QQ and the turn was a queen?

Or what if he had something tricky like 98s and the turn was a 9 or 8?

The pot is big enough for me to take it down now with much less risk, but I see your point also.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:19 PM

LoL, ya english is a bad thing for me. but thanks for the advice iceman. I was just posting to make sure i got unlucky cause that what i though. Just making sure i didnt overplay aces. but next time i will be sure to bet the flop.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:07 PM

i fully agree with kane. i definitely but him on K 9 or maybe even K 6 calling a reraise preflop... if you can't let those aces go, you shouldn't be playing this game.

also i think that betting the flop is not necessarily the way to do it. sometimes players can get away from a KQ hand if you come out firing after a reraise preflop (why they call preflop, then, i'll never know) but if you check raise them they have more money invested and talk themselves into a call. and if you check to them no way they don't think, wow QQ or JJ is scared of the K (i'm talking bad players here, folks). i like the check raise, if you reallllly feel like you can't just fold these aces one you see that flop.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:17 PM

Wow~! u think he could have k9 or k6 and call a 50 dollar raise. Is this a joke. Who calls 40 dollar reraises wit k9 and k6? Am i missing sumtin here!

An
Old 03-14-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow~! u think he could have k9 or k6 and call a 50 dollar raise. Is this a joke. Who calls 40 dollar reraises wit k9 and k6? Am i missing sumtin here!

An

[/ QUOTE ]

On that flop, wth that action it becomes pretty obvious doesnt it? If it isnt obvious to you that he had K9, why did you other posting this hand in the first place? Ill tell you why you did it, to learn from your horible mistake, and to help determine the answer to your first question: No you CANNOT beat bad players with AA. If you knew this guy was a bad player, why would yu get involved with AA in the first place?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

An

[/ QUOTE ]

On that flop, wth that action it becomes pretty obvious doesnt it? If it isnt obvious to you that he had K9, why did you other posting this hand in the first place? Ill tell you why you did it, to learn from your horible mistake, and to help determine the answer to your first question: No you CANNOT beat bad players with AA. If you knew this guy was a bad player, why would yu get involved with AA in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - just fold those rockets and wait for your opportunity to pounce with 86o - he'll never see you coming.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:14 PM

Rough beat but I will say that my initial reaction was that you should re-raise a bit more preflop. There is no difference really between him putting in 30% of his stack or 50% of his stack preflop, both are terrible plays. But if you re-raise more I think it is more likely that these aggressive guys think you are just playing back at them and their initial reaction is to try to push you off your hand.