Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Oops I did it Again

Brilliant work; and a real pleasure to watch. It was a clinic on how to manage a big stack. I would love to see the rogues gallery of hands that you raised with during that final table run. I assume that at least some of them added up to more than 10? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2005, 10:56 AM

Congratulations MLG. I am glad a 2+2er won a big one because of all you have been so helpful to me. Once again congratulations.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:11 AM

Mike, congrats again, and just so you know, I had a great time being a rail bird, your PF-raising fest was just hilarious.

The only thing I didn't get about the deal was the way you were running over the table I don't think they would last another hour. BOSS was the only player that showed some resistance, and that was after you were HU.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Congratulations! Thanks for all the great detail for those of us who missed it.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:17 PM

MLG i downloaded PS to watch you abit when you were down to two tables. I must say, you played them like a fiddle, you literally were raising almost every hand and they just wanted to fold their way into in. awesome job and couldn't happen to a better player.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:38 PM

Well, I'll be the first to say I don't always play well. I didn't know Littleben, but he was the only player who offered up any resistance at all during the last two tables. He was a constant thorn in my side when there were 11-15 players left. However, at 10 he got balanced to the other table which is what let me steamroll my way to the final table with 1.3 mil. I thought he was the only person at the final table who was really playing well.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:40 PM

If its the hand I think, I raised from the SB, the BB called and the flop was 355. I c-raised the BB with A6o. I like play poker. Poker is nice.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:47 PM

I won it in August as well. This one was more fun though. In the other one I was a shortstack and just managed to hang on, winning every hand that I was all-in and had at least a 40% chance of winning. Then I got a hot run of cards at the final table. This one, I rolled through the end as a big stack. Big stack poker is fun fun fun.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:49 PM

heh. the only MTT i've taken down was a 5+1 with 200+ entrants. and that one i was all-in as SB with 95 and two paired against QJ, managed to win every all-in after that.

but that was great poker.

how much are you taking down a year? 50k+?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:57 PM

MLG,

Again congrats it was great to watch. Reminded me very much of the best I've ever played in tournament poker. I would dare to say we play a very similar game and it is very encouraging to see it take you to the top of such a large field.

You and your posts have had an immeasurable impact on my game and its great to see this happen to someone I hold in such high regard.

-sloth