Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: 25K hands, rate my poo... er, play

I was thinking this too. You've raised or bet some 35% of the time. You pair your hole cards less often than that, and while you will also want to bet when you have overpairs/good draws/nothing into a weak-tight opponent, I can't imagine betting your hand on the flop this often is right, especially since you will sometimes be waiting to the turn to bet your strong hands, too.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:55 AM

You aren't winning enough because you fold at the river too often. 33% is a low winrate, now whether it's because you have had a few yucky cards or whatever 55% fold @ river means you are probably folding a few winners. If I was smart and used all the tools at my disposal I would be betting into you at the river because of this stat [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2005, 11:02 AM

Doesn't the W$SD look high as well...this mixed with the fold to river bet % could look like nut peddling.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't the W$SD look high as well...this mixed with the fold to river bet % could look like nut peddling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what that is, but I don't like the sound of it.

So y'all are saying that I bet too much on the flop, and fold too much on the river? Does this mean I should be just check/calling more? I figured my total aggression was right about where it should be. I guess a typical scenario is when I bet overcards on the flop against 1-2 opponents, then possibly betting on the turn if a blank falls, then check/folding unimproved on the river.

Thanks for the advice on blind play, I'll try to work on that.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:36 AM

I like your AF.

What I'm saying is that your win rate at showdown is on the higher end of things and your folding to river bets really quite frequently.

I think this would indicate that you're not calling or betting enough with marginal hands and waiting until you have quite a strong hand to showdown.