Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: 10-20 NL: an interesting turn of events

cwl = smart.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:33 PM

Without the flush and the straight draw on the board, I'd like calling better. In that case, you're either crushed, or crushing him, so it's better to let him bluff at you the whole way. He's trying to represent top pair that can now beat an overpair. Let him keep representing the whole way.

But with both a flush and straight draw on the board, I don't like the call. I don't know that you want to shut out a flush or straight draw, I'd like it better if he called with one of those hands cause you're a huge favorite against them. But I don't think you want to let him off easy with the good draws that are around.

I'm moving in.

- C -
Old 03-13-2005, 02:07 PM

Your right, most people dont reraise with JJ....unless they are trying to isolate someone they know might raise 64s.

Also, since he reraised preflop he could have AA or KK as well as JJ. I dont think you want to play a monster pot there when you both have more than double stacks.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:56 PM

I think you need to pop this, clearly the villian is capable of playing medium/big pairs this way, hence the AA hand, and if your image is laggish as you say here, i think you are good way more often than not.