Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Republicans who want war, but won\'t enlist.

[ QUOTE ]
M tried to dodge the point, and apparantly has given a few other Republicans some cover-rhetoric to hide behind. But the fact remains: you can guage the sincerity of a man's words by his actions. A man who will "support a war" by sending someone else to fight it for him, but who won't step up and join in that fight himself, is a fraud

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sheer nonsense.

Do you support the work of firefighters? Well then why don't you just put on a firefighting suit and zip on down to your local firehouse and be ready for action next time a fire breaks out in your neighborhood. Someone once said you can gauge a man's sincerity by his actions. A man who will "support" firefighting by sending others out to fight fires, but who won't actually don a firesuit and get in there and do battle with a hose against the flames, is a fraud.

Amazing to me that you can actually believe what you wrote above.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 AM

Thanks for the thoughtful response. And about the namecalling, as I generally try to avoid that, so my apologies there. And I freely admit there is just as many lemmings on the right as there are on the left. I just find it some what humorous in that the left generally champions themselves as defenders of diversity but yet have no place in their party as it stands now for those who are pro-choice just as one example. But as you said, on to things of actual relevance.

The only reason I made the comment about your questioning what exactly I've done during my military service. I just didnt like the implication that if I had been in the military but hadnt been to Iraq then my support of the war would be hypocritical.

The fact remains that supporting a cause places no onus on the supporter to go out and physically take part in it. That is ridiculous. I dont disagree that a man who does go out and do that shows a higher level of dedication, but it doesnt make you a hypocrite not to.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Democrats Who Want Techological Products, But Won\'t Study Science...

...and who won't produce them.

People who want to see animals treated humanely, but who won't work in an animal shelter...people who like clean highways, but who don't go out picking up litter on Sundays...

Now, which post is stupider, yours or mine--or does it matter?

If you want to be a soldier, enlist and be a professional soldier. If you don't, don't. Choose something else to do professionally. Not too complicated really.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Democrats Who Want Techological Products, But Won\'t Study Science.

Your post is flawed.

Do you see why?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:13 PM

No, why?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:16 PM

Soldiers dont have a real choice. They must go to Iraq. They can't quit the military.

And they are putting their lives in incredible danger. Lots will die. None of the other jobs you mentioned require this sacrifice.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soldiers dont have a real choice. They must go to Iraq. They can't quit the military.

And they are putting their lives in incredible danger. Lots will die. None of the other jobs you mentioned require this sacrifice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firefighters put their lives at risk too, as do various other professions.

If you can't take the heat, don't sign up to be a brick oven pizza cook. If you don't want to perhaps risk your life in combat, don't volunteer to be soldier. It's not as complicated as you're making it, and q/q's post certainly was ridiculous.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:09 PM

Don't you know that we're on a mission from God? We have to make Iraq a democracy and I'm going to do my part by going outside and sticking that support the troops sticker on my SUV.

Stupid liberal.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:05 AM

You finally snapped, and it makes me happy. Your snap is much funnier than mine, which resulted in a self-imposed exile from the ignorant wasteland of Politics a la 2+2.

Keep it up. Jesus would be really happy with you, and says hello.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:12 AM

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.