Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Best Wrestlemania Matches In History

[ QUOTE ]
Hogan/Warrior and it isn't even close. They were THE wrestlers of their time and are still 2 of the top 5 influential wrestlers of all time, along with the Taker, Michaels, and maybe Sting.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree more
Old 03-09-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey you guys do know that wrestling is fake right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do also point out to West Wing fans that Jed Barlett really isn't The President?
Old 03-09-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hogan/Warrior and it isn't even close. They were THE wrestlers of their time and are still 2 of the top 5 influential wrestlers of all time, along with the Taker, Michaels, and maybe Sting.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

A dude named Ric Flair mean anything to you?
Old 03-09-2005, 01:26 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

I found the Ironman match extremely boring. 50 minutes of rest holds.

Hart vs Austin or TLC II are what I'd consider the best. Hogan vs Rock is my favorite, due solely to the crowd. I've heard last year's Main was incredible, though I've never seen it.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:26 AM

I have this classic video-"Starcade-Best of 1983-87." It opens with a wonderful 1983 cage match between the nature boy and Harley Race. What a sick bloodbath where Flair's entire face is obscured in a bloody mess. This tape also includes a Roddy Piper/Greg Valentine Dog Collar Match, a scaffold match btwn the Road Warriors and Midnight Express and much more. God, I gotta find that tape.

Flair vs. Rick Steamboat...1989 Great American Bash. In terms of pure wrestling, this may be one of the greatest matches of all time. So goddamn good. Stinging chops...marvelously paced and thrilling. Find this tape (I have it).

Flair is truly one of wrestling's greats.

Jeff
Old 03-09-2005, 01:31 AM

80's NWA was along with ECW wrestling at it's best. I used to love watching it satudays as a kid.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:34 AM

I think, but I'm not sure, that this match was #1 on the special program on this very subject a few years ago.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:06 AM

It's probably not the greatest match of all time or even in the top five, but I'll throw out Hogan vs. Rock, 2002(?) in Toronto. I was there. It was the greatest pro wrestling experience of my life. A few months ago, Hogan had made his return to WWE after a very long stay in WCW. He came back as a heel and leader of the NWO, but he did not fight very often. This could have been one of his first singles matches back in the WWE.

Anyways, despite being a heel, fans were totally ready for a Hogan face turn. Throughout the match, the crowd pretty much split in who it was rooting for. Chants of "Hogan! Hogan! Hogan!" and "Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!" tried to drown each other out. Hogan's big boot and leg drop brought uproars from the crowd. Alas, The Rock kicked out and went on to win the match. The two shook hands in a show of mutual respect. When Kevin Nash and Scott Hall (the other NWO members) came down to the ring to attack their fallen leader, The Rock returned and together they fought off Nash and Hall. It was the return of Hulkamania. Since I was very young when Hulkamania originally ran wild, I loved every minute of this. I thought this was a classic match.

The crowd was so tired after that match that they could hardly cheer for the main event, where Triple H defeated Chris Jericho to win the championship. I don't even remember much about that match.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:21 AM

Wrestlemania 7.

Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter.

I will never forgive that traitor for turning his back on America and siding with Col. Mustafa and the Iraqi's!

USA!! USA!! USA!!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:57 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

what happened to the ultimate warrior?