Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Is it worth my while to learn Omaha?

Read Zee's book before offering more advice. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Is it worth my while to learn Omaha?

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking on low-limits, I think the O8 play is worse than the SSHE play.

I learned O8, so Icould take a break from hold-em if I am getting burnt out. Also I think in a few years O8 is going to get much more popular than it is now. So I am also trying to stay ahead of the learning curve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I joined an O8 SNG once by accident on Party. I meant to join a NL Holdem one but wasn't paying attention and just clicked the first table I saw.

You can only imagine the total shock I had when I was dealt 4 cards. I was like WTF is going on!! I then looked at the top of the window and saw it was O8. I had never played the game before and didn't have 1 clue about it. I couldn't understand why garbage hands were winning chips.

I figured I was dead money so I just said in the chat what I had done. At first a guy jumped all over me saying it's not his duty to teach me how to play. This was really random because I never asked for help, I just simply stated my mistake and I was dead money.

Another guy on the table then gave me a real quick rundown of what was going on. I then just played real tight and only bet if I was pretty sure I had the best hand, hi or low.

I ended up finishing 2nd and if you believe in Karma... the guy who helped me out ended up finishing 1st. Since then I've read a little on O8 and I'll play an O8 SNG here and there to get away from Holdem. I've played a couple dozen and there's only a small handful of them I didn't make the money.

It seems like most people who play those O8 SNG's really have no clue what they're doing.