Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Another can you guess hand

i'm gonna guess seat 4 had quad aces, seat 2 had queens in the hole, didn't notice they were out on fourth. or perhaps he had two sevens and didn't want to believe the seven helped you.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Another can you guess hand

Raising fourth street is fine, but when the other guy three-bets, what do you put him on? I think you can only call from then on....except that he put on the brakes, so it looks like you're good. In case there was any doubt, you hit quads on the end. Woohoo!

I'll say that TT38 made a straight and the other guy didn't.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Result and Question

Seat 2 had a pair of 10's. The HH shows:

9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Regarding Andy's question as to what I put him on. My guess was a small pocket pair, since there was no raise on third street. Also, I have noticed that in many of these games people just don't believe that the bring-in has much and will show no respect for aggressive betting. Once he eased off on later streets, I was pretty sure that trips were unlikely.

Seat 4 had a pair of kings and showed the following:

K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I think the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and one of the kings were reversed and that he was on a flush draw.

However, lets say he started with pocket kings. If you were him what would you have done after the 4'th street betting. How long would you have stayed with the hand?
Old 03-08-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Result and Question

Good news -- not only did you win the pot, you found two new players for your buddy list. Aren't Party 1-2 games great?
Old 03-08-2005, 03:30 PM

I wasn't that far off with my guess that seat 4 just had a pair of 10's. That's just ludicrous!
Old 03-08-2005, 04:30 PM

There are a lot of players, particularly at low limits, who won't raise with a split pair of Tens, even when it's the highest card on board. On Paradise's micro-limit tables in particular, there isn't much incentive to raise, as you're risking fifty cents to win a quarter. Absent any other information, like say the play of this hand, I see no reason to believe that he has anything but three Tens when he three-bets.

I dump the pocket Kings when it's two big bets cold to me on fourth street.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:51 PM

Hauser,

Yep, you were darn close. It was pretty funny how in your original post that you figured it out and then talked yourself out of it. In the aftermath of this hand I stared at the hand history in disbelief for a while. I was shocked with two callers, that there was nothing better than a pair.

MRBAA - both guys are in the buddy list now. There should be a hall of fame buddy list too.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good news -- not only did you win the pot, you found two new players for your buddy list. Aren't Party 1-2 games great?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd run out of hard disk space if he put players at this level on his buddy list.