Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Did I miss out?

[ QUOTE ]
I completely agree with you.
And I like sniping. It serves the purpose of bidding EXACTLY your max price, but waiting until the last second so as NOT to bring out the irrational bidding frenzy of a competitor. I love my HammerSnipe.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to snipe too for those reasons. Plus, though I can't prove it, but I am sure there are some not so nice sellers that bid up their own products.
G$
Old 03-07-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're Blue Chip. In my personal opinion, you're lucky you got outbid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto... also 'cause I'm not that fond of the inlay.

"HammerSnipe" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Never heard of snipping programs... any recommendations (links if you have 'em)?

- Fins
Old 03-07-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of snipping programs... any recommendations (links if you have 'em)?

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the one that I use. There may be better deals out there, I haven't shopped them ina year or so.

Ten
Old 03-07-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SamIAm,

I appreciate the response (really), but I guess what I was really trying to figure out was my $400 valuation for the set too low?

When I said I was considering a second bid, what I really meant was that upon further consideration, perhaps my $400 top bid was a bit low for the quality of the set. I would have gladly paid $450 if I knew I would have a hard time finding a similar set for any less.

I also considered posting here while the auction was still running to see if anybody knew those chips... but I was afraid I might be inviting more bidders into the fray [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do a ebay search based on "completed listings", the price of $405 was the lowest the set sold for in the last 2-3 weeks (one sold for $555 and $620), so it looks like the price was pretty good (though I don't think these chips are worth $1 per chip, plus I can't stand the inlay graphic). Also, just because the set sold for $405, doesnt mean that a bid from you of $450 would make it, depends on what the max bid of the winning bidder was. The lower price can indicate the market price of these chips are coming down. As far as clay chips, there are more options becoming available, including new paulson chips. Do a seach of this boards for info.

G$
Old 03-07-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the one that I use. There may be better deals out there, I haven't shopped them ina year or so.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I use esnipe: www.esnipe.com

I haven't researched any sniping sights though, Ten's might be better. In order to get the lowest price on an auction, you MUST snipe. If you bid any earlier than the last 5 seconds, you're just pumping up the price and making yourself less likely to get the item.

Also, if you do buy from this guy, make sure the package is sent with a signature required! I lost a shipment from him because a signature was not required.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:17 PM

I have been using esnipe.com for about 5 years. Works very well and is highly recommended.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:25 PM

Hey! Somebody sniped this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kidding... actually, I got what I was really looking for: just a little confirmation that I didn't miss out on the buy of the century.

After the auction ended, I decided to go for the Desert Sands special and ordered them last night. Shipping today, and should have them by game time on Friday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody sniped this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I definitely read the the forum this morning and said "Oh, look. MSB's whining about losing some auction. Boy, it's been forever since I hijacked a thread."

I'm sorry you lost your auction. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam