Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Per Card Player

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly does Fischman have to do to get some respect?

I'm not saying he's my favorite player. But he consistently plays very well. He's got two bracelets.

Forget how he acted when he won them, I would have been crazy excited too.

Everyone here seems to dog him all the time, it's weird. I think he's a pretty good tourney player, and an EXCELLENT HU player. I've seen him in the final 4 of 5 or 6 different HU tournaments on Stars. He's obviously got some HU skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fischman does'nt need anyone's respect. his results speak for themselves and he's constantly working to get better. i'm really sure he cries himself to bed at night thinking about all the flack he's received on 2+2. the majority of that flack, [i'm sure], is coming from people who would love to be in his position right now--- with or without his WSOP final table antics. i know i would.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:50 PM

He got those odds.

He's still in.

Doesn't that justify why he got those odds? Looks like they had a good idea of what they were doing to me.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:15 PM

A lot of people have a problem with him because of his poor ring game play (kinda like Phil Hellmuth). I think Vehn had a good post about it a while ago. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2005, 10:59 PM

First, Fischman did not have an open-ended straight draw, he had an insight straight draw. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Second, I do not like Fischman because of his poker skills but because of his cocky attitude. "We own the World Series!" He got owned by Doyle Brunson in the WSOP main event, owned hard.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, Fischman did not have an open-ended straight draw, he had an insight straight draw. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Second, I do not like Fischman because of his poker skills but because of his cocky attitude. "We own the World Series!" He got owned by Doyle Brunson in the WSOP main event, owned hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet he still does'nt need your respect [despite his cocky attitude or getting owned by Brunson], regardless.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:11 PM

Okay, good one.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:19 PM

Enlighten me if I'm wrong, but it seems unlikely you have any type of idea what Fischman's attitude is actually like. You've seen him on tv a few times, and what you've seen is carefully edited and chosen by ESPN producers. By this point I'd think people would realize by now that they can't get an accurate impression of someone's personality from watching the WSOP.

It seems much more likely that you're letting your dislike for Dutch Boyd spill over onto the other crew members, combined with envy at his skills and accomplishments.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:25 PM

I already stated I don't dislike Fischman because of his skills, lol. It's just his statement about owning the World Series, it was disrespectful and arrogant. Now stop your erections for Scott Fischman, I can just as easily accuse you of defending him because you have some homosexual obsession for his penis. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 12:53 AM

That was the text from the Card Player web site. Either they got the flop cards wrong or the writer mis-spoke.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:03 AM

Alright, probably a typo but I wanted to know if maybe the board was different.