Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: meh! buttfxxked AA >:( (No content)

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, whatever. I'm losing with AK, AKs, and TT-AA over the last couple thousand hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that's a magnitude worse when you stop to think about it.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:23 AM

From the other side, I had KK v another guy's AA twice in the same session, and my KK's won both times, making flushes.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, whatever. I'm losing with AK, AKs, and TT-AA over the last couple thousand hands. Every single hand I've dominated has had me reverse dominated postflop (just lost a 30BB pot with AK to KT another 20BB one with KQ to K8).

[/ QUOTE ]

are you still +/100 during it, or just surviving right now?? those are the big moneymakers

regarding the original thread, Don't try to check-raise when you have no clue who will bet it, this goes double for the times you were the only preflop agressor, a set of aces doesn't leave much for your opponents to have that they'll bet ..
Old 03-06-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, whatever. I'm losing with AK, AKs, and TT-AA over the last couple thousand hands. Every single hand I've dominated has had me reverse dominated postflop (just lost a 30BB pot with AK to KT another 20BB one with KQ to K8).

[/ QUOTE ]

are you still +/100 during it, or just surviving right now?? those are the big moneymakers

regarding the original thread, Don't try to check-raise when you have no clue who will bet it, this goes double for the times you were the only preflop agressor, a set of aces doesn't leave much for your opponents to have that they'll bet ..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm around 2.5bb/100 during it I think, maybe 2bb/100 after tonight's session.

Most of my money recently has come from suited broadways, KTs, K8s, and pocket pairs that hit sets.

Rob
Old 03-06-2005, 03:39 AM

Wow, you said that it was capped PF in hand one. In fact, you put in the only raise. That makes going for a check-raise even more absurd on the flop.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:44 AM

On a more positive note, whenever someone rivers my AA with a gutshot in the future I'll be thinking about this hand from yesterday:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (15.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls $1 (All-In).

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc Kh (four of a kind, kings).
BB has 8s 7c (straight, nine high).
Outcome: Hero wins 23.25 BB. </font>

Luck evens out in the long run, that is for absolutely goddamn sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

olavfo
Old 03-06-2005, 08:29 AM

Is it possible to misplay AA?
Old 03-06-2005, 08:58 AM

Default My rant for last night

Playing a 12 person local NL tourney and its down to the final 4. Blinds are at 150/300 I look down at QQ and decide to raise it up to 1200 putting 2 of the 3 others left allin. Both called! One turns over JJ the other turns over A8o...OK? If I win this pot I can almost guarantee takings 1st so I'm pretty damn happy. Flop comes trash, turn comes trash, I begin counting chips and grinning, river comes A...I was so pissed. Next hand I'm aggrivated, drunk, and its 2:00 and I have to be at work at 5:00, so I go allin blind [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was short and ready to go home...get called by the remaining two. Flop comes 8A8, turn comes A, river x...Dumbass that beat me hand before turns over another Ax and I look at my cards which still haven't been seen and see an 8...gdi I hate that guy!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:30 AM

I once got dealt AA, KK, QQ all in a row, and 2 out of the three times I made a full house on the turn which was beaten by a bigger full house on the river.

Beat that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: My rant for last night

Dude I lost in a live 2-6 game 5 times In an hour wit Q's and ince with aces. Ithappenes