Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: AC poker rates (Borg, Taj, Trop)

[ QUOTE ]
They will lower the rate after you have logged the hours. You have to talk to the poker room personell after logging your hours to get the rate reduced futher.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

So then I should reserve my room at the regular rate tomorrow, show up Sunday afternoon and log my hours, then check into my room Monday, then ask that my room be reduced to the $39-59 level in the poker room after I get checked into my room? Who exactly should I find in the poker room to talk to, and what should I say? Would "I just checked into my room, and I'll be playing here all day through Thursday, and I'd like to get the poker rate on my room" work?

Thanks...any help is appreciated. I'm doing this for the first time, and I don't want to screw up, because I can't really afford to stay at the Borgata at the full rate.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:53 PM

Just tried the Borgata again....they still would not give me the rate. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I told them I had played limit for 6-7 hours two weeks ago (which is true) but they are not showing it on my account, and would not do anything at all to help me (I spoke with a manager in the poker room).

This is pretty frustrating as I'm trying to plan spring break week. They told me I'd have to reserve a room at the regular rate and they MIGHT be able to credit me for the poker rate depending on availability once I'm there. Basically, I'll probably get screwed for the regular rate of ~$200/night.

After some of the replies I got here, I'm really surprised they wouldn't do anything at all to help me. Anyone have any other suggestions? Should I keep trying and hope I might get to speak to someone who is more helpful?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They will lower the rate after you have logged the hours. You have to talk to the poker room personell after logging your hours to get the rate reduced futher.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

So then I should reserve my room at the regular rate tomorrow, show up Sunday afternoon and log my hours, then check into my room Monday, then ask that my room be reduced to the $39-59 level in the poker room after I get checked into my room? Who exactly should I find in the poker room to talk to, and what should I say? Would "I just checked into my room, and I'll be playing here all day through Thursday, and I'd like to get the poker rate on my room" work?

Thanks...any help is appreciated. I'm doing this for the first time, and I don't want to screw up, because I can't really afford to stay at the Borgata at the full rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
you gotta reserve a poker rate room. make sure you tell them this. if you dont mention its a "poker" room, you may be in for a surprise monday
Old 03-10-2005, 02:01 AM

My wife tried to reserve the room using her Borg card and was told that they sold out (at poker rate). She is plays often but only 6-12. When i made the same call they found room without any problems (i play just a bit higher [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 03-10-2005, 11:08 AM

You're best bet is to try the Trop.. thier poker rooms usually don't sell out during the week... call the poker room directly and you can reserve a room at the poker rate if you have a poker card already. I think during march it is $49 diring the week and $125 on the weekends.. their poker rates change every month so who knows what it is now.. but last weekend when i was there that was what the rates were