Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Tough Week

Usually I respond to questions of the "what should I do I'm running bad" variety by telling the poster to do something childish, and occasionally I'm serious, but I'm going to make an exception in this case.

The best way to deal with your current "bad run" is to keep playing until you are actually on one. Don't sweat your current 8 buy in drop - it's nothing. The sooner you REALLY believe that, the better off you will be.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best way to deal with your current "bad run" is to keep playing until you are actually on one. Don't sweat your current 8 buy in drop - it's nothing. The sooner you REALLY believe that, the better off you will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the feedback. I get the feeling that the concensus of opinion is don't make a mountain out of a molehill cos you ain't even got a molehill yet. I can buy that so long as it doesn't cost more than $10 (plus $1 of course).

That being the case in terms of losses over a number games played what would reasonably be considered to be a "bad run" at $10+$1 SnG?
Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 PM

That being the case in terms of losses over a number games played what would reasonably be considered to be a "bad run" at $10+$1 SnG?

Losing 12 in a row would be annoying, losing 17 would be a bad run.

A downturn of 25 buyins would be a bad run.

Lori
Old 03-04-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you actually lost $238 in the $11's, it'd be time to take a close look at your game. It's certainly possible for a good player to have a run that bad, but more often than not, a player will have some serious leaks if he dropped 20+ buy-ins at the lower limits (unless it's one blip in the middle of 1,000+ SNGs).
Old 03-04-2005, 04:53 PM

You better hope that Irieguy is in a good mood when he reads this drivel [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]