Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Give me a frop line

[ QUOTE ]
I think we have to check. If it checks all the way around, so be it. We lead the turn on a blank. I don't expect the callers in between to bet out.

If Button leads, we check-raise this low card board.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your line if UTG+1 bets, and why?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we have to check. If it checks all the way around, so be it. We lead the turn on a blank. I don't expect the callers in between to bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Isn't this dependant on the button? Where are we if UTG1 bets and button raises?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would mean the check-raise plan backfired... :P I mean if Button raises, do we call two cold with a pair of Tens? I really do not think we can. Our hand is too vulnerable. We could be stuck in the middle of a raising war.

Do you think betting out would be a better play??
Old 03-02-2005, 01:01 AM

I'd probably check with the intention of raising if its checked through and bet by the button, and folding if its bet and raised to me.

I'd have more confidence if I thought the button is aggressive enough to bet overcards if checked to. There is a risk if the button is decent they will bet AA-TT but check behind with something like AK.

If I lead out though, one or both of the passives are likely to hang around to take one off on the turn with plenty of ways to draw out on me, and I'm probably committed to calling any raise from the button.

Hmm. Despite the overpair, I don't like any of my options that much.

Good post - this is the kind of tough spot I struggle with, so interested to see everyone else's responses.

DU
Old 03-02-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy is smarter then you (very highly doubtful), he will give himself a free card when he is beat and bet when he is ahead. So if that is the case, you are in a tough spot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain would take a free card on the flop with something like AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or even AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? I'd totally bet all of these hands if checked to on this flop. But, then again, I'm not smarter than sfer.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the guy is smarter then you (very highly doubtful), he will give himself a free card when he is beat and bet when he is ahead. So if that is the case, you are in a tough spot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain would take a free card on the flop with something like AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or even AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? I'd totally bet all of these hands if checked to on this flop. But, then again, I'm not smarter than sfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he bets every hand that he 3-bets preflop. There are very few people who will 3-bet preflop and then check in a 4 way pot on the flop. Some people will pull this play with a monster, but he would have to have 99 for this to be the case. I believe that this guy will bet AK on the flop but you never know.

Brad
Old 03-02-2005, 01:35 AM

bet out, call one raise, check/fold UI on the turn
Old 03-02-2005, 01:39 AM

This may be a bit insane, but I consider check calling the flop and check raising the turn. Here's why,

With 13.5 SB in the pot, everyone in the middle is getting proper odds to draw even if they have to cold call a check raise on the flop. This is not true, however, if they face 2 on the river. A few other minor points,

[ QUOTE ]

I've been playing very few hands, so I'm probably viewed as tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

This suggests your aggressive villain may try to get you to fold with a turn bet.

[ QUOTE ]

Coldcallers are VPIP 40 and PFR 5 or so players. Generally passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, none of them will bet their flush draw and spoil your plan. If they do bet a flush on the flop, however, and the button raises, I would 3-bet.

Is this too fancy?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:43 AM

This may be a bit insane, but I consider check calling the flop and check raising the turn.

Sorry to use you as the goat, but this is the worst possible line. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

We are in bad shape should he bet both the flop and the turn.

Brad
Old 03-02-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checks with the intention of C/R'ing to face the field w/2 and get it HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line. this flop probably didn't help anyone with big cards.

LPP's in between will check to TAG on the button who will auto-bet, and raising is good. LAG's betwn will either fold or passive callers between may be chasing a flush or trying to pair an A or something...