Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Another Pocket Pair!

[ QUOTE ]
To take it back further though, when you bet 2nd pair (from the pocket) into 3 other players or more, you will often find yourself in the position of either getting raised or having some passive guy that has you beat calling you down all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly lean in favor of leading on the flop because Hero chose to raise out of the big blind preflop. Had he been an early position raiser and had cold-callers behind him, check-folding starts to look nicer. I feel that you should usually lead when raising out of the blinds, even in the slightly bad cases, because otherwise you're only raising the absolute premium hands from the blinds and that's too tight.

Lots of players quickly give credit for AA-QQ and AK when looking at a raise from that spot, so you might as well play a few other hands exactly the same and capitalize on their assumption.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Thanks for all the posts guys! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Made me think and really understand pockets a lot more.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

About the only benefit you get from folding the turn instead of the flop is psychological with your opponents, that maybe they can't move you off hands as easily on the off chance that they were bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I recommended to call and fold the turn UI. It is worth one more small bet to show that you can't be moved off a hand that easily. The key here is that it is still a small bet, not a big one. In the unlikely event that you hit your set on the turn, he will likely pay you off nicely as well.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:43 PM

You need to know the SB better. Against a passive I fold. Against an aggressive player I call intending to raise a non-diamond turn and take a free showdown.

If he has a brain, the fact that everyone folded before he raised makes it more likely he is bluffing/semi-bluffing.