Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Plugging A Leak - Thanks Irieguy!

lol.. nice post.

I schmoke and drink a lot, and until recently I found this affected my game... well, the screen starts moving doesn't it.

But now I've discovered the secret to winning poker.

Absinthe.

The screen still moves, but now its more like a surrealist symphony of movement that swirls and conspires to produce inspiration and bravado.

The only tiny drawback is that after a couple of hours I simply collapse and fall off the chair... my winnings go the same way. Consequently I've purchased a chair with arms.

PS/ For the best stuff I'd try www.eabsinthe.com. Although I've been told its not legal in the states. Is that true? How terrible... write to your government representative immediately.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Please do not underestimate the effect of the Glenlivet on your game. There are several documentated case studies involving loosing $11 players who were able to beat the $215's for extended periods of time with the help of a single-malt scotch.
Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt the single-malt can be a powerful ally. I can distinctly remember a three week period last year where the Glenlivet fueled me to a 2nd and 3rd place finish in a three week span in the $11 Stars Multi Table Rebuy (with some ridiculous number of particpants, like well over 500) out of three tournaments played. Unfortunately, I have found that drinking large quantities of Glenlivet and staying up until 4:30 AM playing Multi's is extremely incompatible with sound work performance the following day, so I was unable to continue my research in that particular area...
Old 03-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Interesting...

Absinthe is a strong herbal liqueur distilled with a great number of flavorful herbs like anise, licorice, hyssop, veronica, fennel, lemon balm, angelica and wormwood (the flavor of anise and/or licorice, at least in contemporary forms of the liquor, tends to predominate). Wormwood, the one that's gained the most notoriety, is Artemisia absinthum, an herb that grows wild in Europe and has been cultivated in the United States as well. Much of the liquor's legendary effect is due to its extremely high alcohol content, ranging from 50% to 75% (usually around 60%), plus the contribution of the various herbs.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:31 PM

"Screw Work"...SkipperBob; "You're Fired!"...Skipperbob's boss