Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Hit a set now what

I hit another set and I think I played it perfectly. How do you guys keep from playing scared ? I think when that jack hit with a queen on board, I was like: No way I'm winning this hand. I'll post the hand in this post here in a few minutes.

I was playing scared. I was trying to make a big pot but the pot was already pretty big so I should have just took it down right there.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:09 PM

You must have a bottomless pit of money you are drawing from because there is no way in hell you are even remotely close to a break even player.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:11 PM

Why are you scared?

Is it because losing the amount of money your going to put in the pot would be devastating to your bank account? If this is the case, then you should play smaller limits.

Is it because you feel you are an inferior player to those around you? If this is the case, again, either drop down, or read another book.

Or is it just the confrontational nature of poker that scares you? If this is the case you should probably quit, cause this is the feeling that fuels most people, its not fear its adrenaline!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must have a bottomless pit of money you are drawing from because there is no way in hell you are even remotely close to a break even player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do some of you hate me so much ? I admit that I'm not the best player. I fouled this hand up. That mean I'm a break even player ?

I actually didn't foul it up that bad until I called on the river. I actually didn't make mistake until the river. He needed 10 to 1 to draw to that. He was making a mistake by calling on the turn. He out drew me and I made a mistake by paying him off. How does that make me a break even player or worse ?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:43 PM

I made $1000 last month. I'm on my way to doing it again and when I do I'm going to make a HUGE DEAL of it and make you eat your words.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:08 PM

then why do you always post these whiny crybaby posts, and then ignore all the advice people give you. Several people have said your turn bet was way too small, yet you appear to seem fixated on his "bad" call. It was still your horrible underbet that kept him around....yes given what we now know everyone had, he made a bad call, given the implied odds and the weak way you played it he probably figured his ace outs and his straight outs were good...giving him around 8 outs instead of the 4 it actually was. The people on here actually know what they are talking about and don't really care about your plethora of bad beat posts. Try posting real hands, with real decisions to make, and not these types of whining bad beat posts and people will probably start warming up to you instead of just either ignoring your posts all together or giving you a bunch of crap for posting these hands.