Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: First post

Adam, I did not mean to insult your product, but I have seen for myself that it is not very accurate. I understand that it may be hard to to believe, but I have seen for myself and have heard from several other people that this thing is cashing at an incredibly high rate. It also seems a little odd that it will fold all game and then randomly move in with 4 2 and then flop with be A 3 5. In regards to that AJ vs AK hand, it seems as if it plays based both on a combination of the strength of it's hand pre flop and possibly what it will end up with at the end of the hand too. It does not appear to have any knowledge of its opponents cards, or what they will end up with. I also gave a possible reason for it playing such low limits. I'm going on a combination of what I have witnessed, and what others have witnessed. Together it it rather remarkable.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:13 AM

Eastbay,
The bot never calls a bet, so it seems a simple way to beat it is to raise it's BB. It seems to always win however when it moves in. And to anyone that does not believe me, Adam, watch it play a few games. It currently has 3000 chips and is about to make the money for the 6th consecutive time since I have been watching.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:15 AM

I don't care so much about the comment regarding the Poker Prophecy, its just that Party Poker conspiracy theories drive me nuts. I've posted about this before in the general section when it didn't relate at all to my product.

There may be a bot, but I guarantee you it is not some sort of magical bot that is any better than any player on Party Poker. I think you are taking a very small sample and making it huge, which is the basis for all Party Poker conspiracies.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:24 AM

Adam,
I understand that these conspiracy theories are normally nothing, but this just seems very odd to me. I would just like to point out one specific hand that I witnessed that I found very interesting. For the most part the bot plays very very tight and doesnt play any hands before level three. One time however, the bot moved in with 2 4 to try and steal 150 chips. I believe the bot had about 1800 at the time. It made the move utg with 6 players to act after him. What hands is this folding if it moved in utg with 2 4. He was called by AK and won the pot when the board was A 3 5. This may have just been a fluke, but the all-in makes not sense unless somehow it knew it would make a straight. There are other cases that aren't quite as remarkable. It's moves harldy every seem to be based on position either. It could be folded to him in the SB and he'll fold in a perfect stealing oppurtunity, but he'll move in with 7 high utg and end up with three sevens. It just seems that the bot is making its decision based on more than it's hand, position, and stack sizes. In fact it seems it doesnt even account for position when making its bet.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care so much about the comment regarding the Poker Prophecy, its just that Party Poker conspiracy theories drive me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a Party Poker conspiracy theory as in PP is unleashing bots. This is the reasonable theory that an individual player has constructed a bot. I don't like to say this too often, but I think people grossly underestimate the potential for this. Party makes it very easy to do for an experienced programmer.

I don't think it's sporting so I won't do it. But anyone with my experience base could.

[ QUOTE ]

There may be a bot, but I guarantee you it is not some sort of magical bot that is any better than any player on Party Poker. I think you are taking a very small sample and making it huge, which is the basis for all Party Poker conspiracies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't have to be magical to be better than many low buy-in players.

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 04:27 AM

Eastbay,

I was not disagreeing with his idea of a bot, but you will notice in his first post that he stated he thought the bot could somehow see cards. Which is somewhat magical.

I trust that when you refer to making a bot that you are not saying you could make a bot that could somehow see cards? Which we both know if not impossible, is about as close as you can get.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay,
The bot never calls a bet, so it seems a simple way to beat it is to raise it's BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

A collusive strategy of minraising ahead every hand would break this bot. A guy who left it playing for a few days might be in for a very nasty surprise, if someone wanted to follow it around and inform the table.

[ QUOTE ]

It seems to always win however when it moves in. And to anyone that does not believe me, Adam, watch it play a few games. It currently has 3000 chips and is about to make the money for the 6th consecutive time since I have been watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched a game, and it had typical river luck that went both ways.

I think there's a reasonable chance it's a simple bot, but I am nearly certain it is not predictive of the river cards.

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eastbay,

I was not disagreeing with his idea of a bot, but you will notice in his first post that he stated he thought the bot could somehow see cards. Which is somewhat magical.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in mine I said "no" to the question of if this was possible.

[ QUOTE ]

I trust that when you refer to making a bot that you are not saying you could make a bot that could somehow see cards? Which we both know if not impossible, is about as close as you can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. That part is silly without a lot of systematic evidence which doesn't exist.

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 04:33 AM

Well we each agreed on something the other said today. I may never post again.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well we each agreed on something the other said today. I may never post again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not that diagreeable of a person or poster. I wish you luck with your enterprise, but I don't respect your spamming policy and I question your team's technical expertise.

eastbay