Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever EXPECT quads?

I honestly think that my mindset was just that--SET. When I saw this flop I couldn't believe how lucky I was and THEN how perfect the turn and river were: not changing a thing about the hand. When he 3-bet I was still in the mode of thinking his AA-KK was good, although I could've just finished up w/ the hand like an earlier post suggested. When I made it 200 and he pushed, there was <5% in my mind he had the quads. At that point I just felt I had to pay him off. This hasn't been a leak of mine for QUITE some time, but as we were both deep, I guess my inexperience caught up w/ me (I am used to 50BB NL as opposed to 100BB).

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whos the villain if you don't mind me asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind--his name is "pokerhoe" and for the short time I've been at FTP, I see this guy a lot. BTW, I looked on the February leader board for the freeroll and he's above me and I've put in a decent amount of time.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The cruelly ironic twist is that this bad line actually gave u about the only chance in hell of NOT getting stacked here, yet you couldn't quite make the call. Most of the time the money goes in anyway; just an ill fated flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah you're right. Playing my hand SO slow gave me the only chance to drop it on the river. Wish I coulda just called his 3-bet!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]