Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Vegas on a budget

If you need really cheap, stay and play downtown. Golden Gate is clean, albeit old, and very close walk to Binions and Plaza. Also, I think Four Queens and Golden Nugget have poker rooms as well. GG should cost no more than $40 weekdays and $65 weekends. Their deli provides cheap eats that are pretty tasty. You can get a decent lunch or breakfast there for $3-6 and absolutely stuff yourself silly for about $10(shrimp cocktail + pastrami or corned beef sandwhich + nachos(or other appetizer) + beer).

Also, if you are on super budget, you could stay at Gold Spike. Just walk to the closed area of Fremont Street really quickly.

Then if you want to play at Bellagio or Mirage, just take a cab or rent a car for a day or two.

A further option is to stay at Orleans if they have the "mastercard rate". I have heard of rooms as low as $19-30 per night with that rate. They have a great poker room and tournaments twice daily. Its not an expensive cab ride from there to Bellagio or Mirage...perhaps $4-7 or so.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:48 AM

hey TT,

how many hours do you have to play to get those rates?

thx
Old 02-23-2005, 11:59 AM

Me and a buddy usually come out to vegas a few times a year and usually get an airfare and hotel package for between $275-$350 depending on the length of the stay. We usually stay at the luxurious IP.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:16 PM

where do you get this package. I'm from kc too and the cheapest I cand find is about 500. Also have I ever seen you at haraha's?

silly
Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 PM

I like to go to www.swavacations.com . It's possible that you have seen me. I played alot at Ameristar before Harrah's opened their room back up. I haven't gotten to play live here in town very much the past few months because of some personal things going on.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:13 AM

3 weeks ago I stayed at the IP. I think the rate was 49 or 59 a night, Fri through Sunday nights. Split w/my buddy, minus poker comps my total bill was $42 for 3 nights. The hamburgers at the Burger Palace near the poker room are pretty good too. Avoid the buffet. Play 2/4 at about 11:30 to 11:45 am right after the 'Holdem Lessons' get out! Made $40 in 1.5 hours. It's not the nicest poker room, but it's walking distance to Alladin, Mirage, Harrah's and others, I'm sure. No need for cab rides for the most part. They also have a weird NL game at the IP. All-in w/crap was the rule of the day.
Have fun
Accident [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 01:30 PM

I stayed at the IP about a month ago and I would have no problem reccomending it for someone who wants a reasonable room rate and to be right in the middle of the strip with more poker action than they can handle well within easy walking distance. I didn't have any problems with the room, but I am just looking for a comfortable place to sleep a couple of hours a night.
The poker room at the IP was fine, I liked it, and the comp policy is great. All you have to do is sign up for their players club card, which you can do on line and then just pick up when you get there, and hand it over to the desk in the poker room and they comp you $3 per hour which you can use for food or even money towards your room rate!
Old 02-24-2005, 02:53 PM

You also might try http://www.americawestvacations.com . Got some good packages there. Airfare and 2 nights at the Mirage for around $250 last summer and airfare and 4 nights at the Riviera and airfare for around $300 last fall.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not an expensive cab ride from there to Bellagio or Mirage...perhaps $4-7 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
the orleans has a shuttle that runs between the Orleans, Gold Coast and Barbary Coast. BC is kitty corner from the Bellagio.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:20 PM

Just in case you're interested. The Stardust has very good Poker Room rates. $45 on the weekends, $30 for the weekdays. That's for the tower rooms, the Villa rooms are cheaper but not as nice. I don't know what the minimum requirements are but I doubt that I play more than 5 or 6 hours/day on average and they never say anything to me. It's not the Bellagio or Mirage but if you like low limit Hold Em it's fine. It's not as central as the IP but it's easily within 1/2 hour of the bigger hotels on the strip. I'm going there starting March 21st but I think they told me the rates would be higher the week before. Also, the Wesward Ho is really really cheap but a really really crappy motel.