Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Guaranteed EV Play for Small Limit NLHE

<-- see location
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 PM

I have to admit I'm skeptical about this. The tables I play at ($25 NL on PS), there are SOOO many calling stations. People call raises by anybody from any position with any 2 suited, any ace or king high, just about any connector...

For this to work, doesn't it require players who have some sort of standards for calling a raise?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:55 PM

I dont know about that level. If you are guaranteed a call then drop out the worst hands but dont give up the play.

Please realize you dont mind the calls, especially when you are on the button and when they will call with anything. You have position and you can outplay the calling stations.

What you dont want to see is reraises as that is the only thing that takes away you advantage as you now have to lay down and you now have lost a 2.5BB bet..

Also, make sure you raise 2.5-3.0 of the big blind. Dont raise the minimum amount as you will get called almost every single time.

Lets say you get called 4 out of 5 times on the button when you have raised with any 2 cards. You still have a positive EV play as you have picked up the blinds free 20% of the time, you have position (huge), your opponent hands are near random, and your opponents play badly.

Again ,your fear is only the reraise.