Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: F/S - NJ \"Skuls\" - 500 chipset

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You could buy these brand new with Copags for 300.00 plus shipping. Doesnt seem like that strong a deal, is there anyway you will go lower? If so, I may be interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, especially if they're not brand new. You're posting on the wrong board if you're trying to pull a fast one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tech Guru's alright. He's not gouging anyone. IF no one wants them, surely the price will go down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ten
Old 02-22-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tech Guru's alright. He's not gouging anyone. IF no one wants them, surely the price will go down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ten... I am losing money on these compared to what I originally paid for them. My goal was to give someone on the forum an opportunity to get a good and affordable set... If nobody wants them, then I will throw them on eBay and let the chips fall where they may (pun intended)
Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 PM

If you don't get your price (fair, in my opinion), wait until nj.com stops selling them so cheap. Then $300 will seem like the bargain it is.

I find it amusing that nj.com has them cheaper than overstock.com right now.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You could buy these brand new with Copags for 300.00 plus shipping. Doesnt seem like that strong a deal, is there anyway you will go lower? If so, I may be interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, especially if they're not brand new. You're posting on the wrong board if you're trying to pull a fast one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed he's not gouging anyone but I saw posted recently that they were (and may still be) charging $0.50/chip & free shipping if you called... basically they were sticking you with the case for $50 hence the $299 price. Maybe they're offering Copags instead of free shipping now, I don't know but at $0.50 x 500 = $250 + $15 case off e-bay (or free with some online sign ups) it's not that great an opportunity to be posting IMHO.

Have nothing against you TG and you may very well have paid a higher price. But if you don't get bites and do get static this is probably why.

- Fins
Old 02-22-2005, 11:45 PM

You found the secret vault!
Old 02-22-2005, 11:47 PM

well, when someone with almost no posts puts up something like this, it seems like a sales pitch rather than a helpful poster.
But if you and Ten are vouching for him...
Old 02-23-2005, 10:49 AM

It's not a bad deal. Nevadajacks.net only recently started giving their chips away (they wholesale for more than .50) and the case they throw in is completely worthless. Not to mention, if Tech's chips were used once then they are still new, he could tell you he never used them and you'd be hard pressed to prove he did. Give a guy a break. It would be a shame for this to be his 10th and last post because people had to gang up on him. If you don't want his chips, don't buy them.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:59 PM

I was just trying to make a point that people are not likely to pay him for chips that are supposedly new or lightly used when they can get the same thing from the manufacturer for the same price. I was half joking when I wrote that, but also half serious.

My point - if you want to sell them, lower the price or wait until the price goes up on the site.