Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: First day at true micro

I think the Pokerstars .25/.50 would be a good option. It is too commonplace to have a 50BB downturn at .5/1 that would endanger your bankroll and your confidence, even if you are a winning player.

I would agree with Guitarhero though, that if you can scrape up some more dough, the Party .5/1 is the promised land.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure pacific has HH

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific does not. They have a hand replay feature kind of like the one in Pokertracker, but no easy way to get that data off their site and into (say) Pokertracker.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure pacific has HH

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific does not. They have a hand replay feature kind of like the one in Pokertracker, but no easy way to get that data off their site and into (say) Pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks, thank you for correcting me.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:09 PM

Pokerstars .25/.50 is a very good stepping stone to Party .50/1, I think. I started out at Stars .02/.04 with $10, moved up to .05/.10 because .02/.04 played too much like play money, built up to $50 and took a "leap of faith" to .25/.50. Playing shortrolled like that is dangerous; luckily, I had built up to about $100 before my first major (almost 100BB) downswing. Your best bet is to move to PS, play .25/.50 till you build up to $200, then move to Paradise Poker with that $200 and get their sign-up bonus with that. They have .25/.50 there too, I believe, if you want to continue moving up more slowly and carefully. After clearing that bonus, you should be rolled for .50/1. I'm almost to the point of making that move myself... by the end of the month, hopefully. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last week I recieved $50 on party, THAT night I completed the $25 bonus and was only down 3BB. It is do-able.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is doable. I took Instant Bankroll's $75 and after I cleared the $25 bonus my account was at $225. But I attribute this to a good run of cards and poor opponents, I could easily have lost it all.

If you do work it up at Stars and then switch over to Paradise be sure to use the "Granny" code rather than their standard first deposit bonus.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:45 PM

I'm putting in free advertising everywhere I can get it...

Pacific support for PokerTracker is coming, courtesy of some cool add-on software I wrote and a few patches to PokerTracker. Keep your eyes open.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
be sure to use the "Granny" code rather than their standard first deposit bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, yeah, that was the bonus I meant. My mistake.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:03 PM

what is "Instant Bankroll"??
Old 02-21-2005, 07:39 PM

I'm moving to the party skins pretty soon and I have a few questions.
How exactly do you "watch" tables with PT auto-importing hands? This seems to be a very valuable thing to do before you choose a table(s).
Also when we discuss VP%IP, is that referring to just preflop or all streets? Thanks guys.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:45 PM

to watch a table simply open up the table
open your PT autoimport
then click the configure import of observed hands and add the party poker folder

then open gametime+ is what i use
and add one of the players sitting at the table...all the stats for that table will come in as PT imports the hands

As for the instant bankroll

www.instantbankroll.com is available to anyone who hasnt used party poker before. they give you a free 75 deposit and 25 more after 500 raked hands. feel free to put SupaBill as your referall if you check it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i've read a few posts that suggests the weekend are fishier...should I wait till the weekends to ensure the fishiest opponents and safest clearing or is it not that much different?