Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: How\'s this for Level 1 to 3 basic strategy?

Wouldn't it be easier to just add another video card and monitor to the computer? From my understanding XP will support up to 9 monitors...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be easier to just add another video card and monitor to the computer? From my understanding XP will support up to 9 monitors...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's not just the physical dexterity but also the decision making short handed on the bubble. Maybe I just need more practice but I think I'm leaking quite a bit and slowing down play for others when I have 10 or 11 tables at the bubble. I think basically the difference here is 12 tabling furiously or 8-tabling calmly and effectively playing the same number as a 16-tabler.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:07 PM

Curiously enough I loose my play on the micro sngs because players wont realize how tight i am anyway. I think this deserves a poll.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:10 PM

I'd have her play significantly tighter. Also I'm not sold that you can beat the games given what you describe.

Especially if you're killing the games 8 tabling. Are you sure you can't just buy more monitors and a phat setup so that you can handle 8+ tables?

Yugoslav
Old 02-21-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curiously enough I loose my play on the micro sngs because players wont realize how tight i am anyway. I think this deserves a poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errrm. Yeah, playing tight is good for other reasons too.

Yugoslav
Old 02-21-2005, 06:21 PM

I think having her play extra tight might be the right play as well. If you can get to level 4 with a relative un-redouced or slightly increased stack you will be able to make the money enough to have a solid ROI.

How long do you think she will keep this up for you though? If she has no interest she is going to get very, very bored!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have her play significantly tighter. Also I'm not sold that you can beat the games given what you describe.

Especially if you're killing the games 8 tabling. Are you sure you can't just buy more monitors and a phat setup so that you can handle 8+ tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably right. I could probably limit Axs to ATs+ and maybe 66+ for pocket pairs and have a negligible effect on chip value yet significantly reduce the number of hands played. As far as whether this is practical, we shall see. I'd plan to start at the 10's for 250+ sngs and see how that goes before moving up at each level. Right now, I only play 2 or 3 nights a week and maybe one afternoon on the weekend so just trying to think of ways to increase games played.

As I mentioned to Brad the Fish, I've tried more than 8-tabling but I think 10 is pretty much my physical limit and I find that pretty stressful.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now the catch is she is not really interested in poker that much

[/ QUOTE ]

Your funeral dude.