Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: $15/$30 Party. CR flop - good move?

I thought Ed Miller wrote an article about calling a raise when you are post the big blind and how it can be be profitable to widen your limping standards. I will have to go back and read it carefully, but this seems like a hand that I would definitely call one bet preflop. It may be one of the many holes in my game.

In regards to the OP, I think that CR is definitely not the way to go. I think betting out if it is checked to you, hoping the pre flop raiser raises to face the field with 2 cold is ideal. However, since there is a bet in front and a couple of draw I would just call the one bet... see what the PFR does. If it is called and a "safe" card comes on the turn I would probably raise a bet form the Flop bettor and fold to a 3-Bet by the UTG+2.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 PM

of course max, who would not call? this is different, pot size is similar, but the raise and position make it very different. and post flop is where you need to be able to get away from it, or play it fast, etc.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:29 PM

This is an easy, easy call preflop. You're getting 9.5 to 1 and your call closes the action. I'd consider playing almost any two suited in that spot, the implied odds for your flush alone justify it.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:47 PM

lol, not like you think. however, i have a lot more experience then most. plus i believe that a player could play like a rock on the internet, and the opponents are so bad that he would still get his hands paid off. also be aware that i usually play at higher limits, where you have to be more aggressive.
VPI 15.56
PFR 9.28
WTSD 30.48

do the numbers surprise you? what are your #'s?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:56 PM

plus the aggression factor is high too.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:41 PM

the aggression factor is higher, meaning that when people raise, it doesn't mean AA, KK, QQ...i think most players on 2+2 would call with 2 opponent (even one is certain situations) let alone 4...Q9s has a lot of value here, i would always see the flop

now as for the flop checkraise, I would bet out, partly to see where a stand, and also because they is a high probability that the pfraiser will raise it, and then you can judge from, the rest of the fields actions

amulet, i've read about the arguements back and forth from previous posts, but i think this is a little too weak tight to fold preflop
Old 02-17-2005, 05:44 PM

i respect your opinion, it is ok to disagree. i only mind when ot gets personal. as for aggressioon factor, that is a pokertracker #.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with UTG+2 being the preflop raiser you should bet into him on the flop and hope he raises overcards to protect your hand for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
How often does this work? In my local mid-limit games, no one ever raises on the flop with just overcards in a spot like this. Do people online do this routinely? Just occasionally? This seems to be one of the situations where the online players are more aggressive and less predictable (i.e., are tougher opponents) than the people with whom I am used to playing.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:23 PM

When do you expect him to fold? Right there on the flop?

There are obvious draws that one might wish to play strongly on the flop. He'll probably expect you to see the whole board but believe that it's likely that you'll need to improve to win.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:58 PM

Default i think

u can go either way, ur play is fine, another option is lead and hope pre raiser raises to knock out others