Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Worth the Sign-up Bonus? (Opinons Welcome)

Let me how it goes at the 1/2. I never sat at those tables. I didn't have the BR either to sit and I was content getting max rake at the .50/1 tables and winning on top of the bonus. Once I cleared the first deposit bonus I bailed to try out other sites. I just started playing Party last night and boy is it different from FTP. I'm not used to people pushing with any kind of draw. I also now understand what you meant earlier about the 50BB buy-ins. I didn't realize it was the case at Party. At Paradise, DoylesRoom and FTP I think they are all at least 100BB max buy in, at least at the .50/1 tables.

Wait for the weekend to come and FTP will be a little more juicier. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 03:07 AM

After playing the 1/2NL full tables for a little bit for a week I am VERY happy. The action at this level is great. For example, the action was folded to me in middle position. While holding AA, I just limped hoping for a raise. It was FOLDED to the small blind who completed. (Cmon big blind please raise it....)

Well the big blind raised it in fact....to SIXTY FREAKIN DOLLARS!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The action IS there.

(PS: I put the guy all-in PF and and he called ~50 more. He had 44 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])
Old 02-21-2005, 01:27 PM

On Party he would have spiked a 4 to suck out on you. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 02:28 PM

I take it you all would recommend this sign up bonus over the one at Poker Mountain? I still don't know what kind of player base they have over there, but this one seems good, and makes me think I should jump here and allow the base at Mountain to grow some more?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:22 PM

I would say that it depends on what level of NL you would be playing--keeping in mind that FTP is 100BB NL. If decent action is what you're looking for then 1/2NL has it, but the .25/.50 game is very tight (MOST of the time).