Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How Do You Like Your Chocha?
El Naturale 4 7.84%
Nicely Trimmed 14 27.45%
Runway Strip 10 19.61%
Bald 23 45.10%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2005, 10:34 PM

Default \"I\'m an arrogant jerk\" post

Very often I'll have the table image necessary to make a raise here profitable. players never lay down KT, T9o etc. to my raises, as they should not, given my range of raising hands.

If i just sat down or have been running cold, i fold.

Honestly though, i think this is a really silly question. 99% of the answer is dictated by the other players in the hand. will they call with Txs? JTo? are the blinds weak? will you be called by a suited ace? can other players lay down TPMK to flop agression? etc.

fim
Old 02-15-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: ATo UTG in 6-max

I voted fold. Unless this flop absolutely clobbers you (JQK, TTx or ATx), you're either going to win a little or lose a lot. I don't think I could even play AAx very hard.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted fold. Unless this flop absolutely clobbers you (JQK, TTx or ATx), you're either going to win a little or lose a lot. I don't think I could even play AAx very hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's borderline retardation. 6max?!! flopped trips!?! have you ever played 6-max? 6 max with only 50BB?! half of the partypoker population would GLADLY push with JJ on a AA3 flop.

ATo I raise (probably, depending on the texture) I'm extremely aggressive and tight, and I'll play the ace or pair hands like they're the best out there (which STATISTICALLY THEY PROBABLY ARE.) I'm going to try to pick up the blinds with a 3BB or so raise... if I get called by a blind, I have position and the aggression factor. If called by a non-blind, I have the "right of first bluff" as C&R so eloquently put it. If I get called on the flop, I can give up if needed, but still probably get to see 4 cards... not bad for my hand. If I don't have confidence on 4th street, I can either try to get a free card hoping for a showdown in which I either win or gain advertising value. I'm adament that I like this play, at least in a good portion of circumstances. There are also, of course, times to fold and maybe even call this hand, that i'll concede
Old 02-16-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ATo I raise (probably, depending on the texture)

[/ QUOTE ]

What if a sold player has position on you?
Old 02-16-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's borderline retardation. 6max?!! flopped trips!?! have you ever played 6-max?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible question since only days ago you posted

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play 6max

[/ QUOTE ]

Your advice is not credible, plain and simple. And when you asked [ QUOTE ]
muahahaha my line was correct. i am brilliant, and i still insist that folding ATo PF 6-handed is incorrect.... can we get a second opinion on this?

[/ QUOTE ] in the other thread, several players better than myself adamantly responded in the negative.

You also gave the advice in that thread: [ QUOTE ]
If you limp UTG with ANYTHING you have to call a minraise.

[/ QUOTE ] which is also incorrect.

Lots of leaks my friend, lots of leaks. The only viable possibilities for why there is such a large discrepancy between your advice and the advice of so many other players on here is:

A) You are wrong and in the long run this will show itself.

B) You are a better player than everyone else making these posts and you can play these marginal (yes, AT is at best marginal) hands better than all of these other players.

I just don't know about option B...

- Trail
Old 02-16-2005, 10:15 PM

Default How i plau UTG in 6max

... i pretend that i'm in a full game and the first three in have folded to me. so AT is a marginal raise/limp depending on game conditions.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: How i plau UTG in 6max

[ QUOTE ]
... i pretend that i'm in a full game and the first three in have folded to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
But that is not correct because the first three in a full ring have looked at their cards. Do you see why?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: How i plau UTG in 6max

[ QUOTE ]
But that is not correct because the first three in a full ring have looked at their cards. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that simulations have shown that the effect of 3 early folders on the distribution of remaining cards is pretty insignificant. So I don't think it's a bad approximation to play the same range of hands you would if opening from MP in a full ring game.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:10 AM

I fold.

the reason is not because I'm worried that people will call behind me with AJ, AQ but because many times pairing the T is not good enough.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:14 AM

I think a better question is KQs UTG in 6 max, whats your move?