Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: the Karl Malone to retire

Any particular reason, or just don't like them.

Cody
Old 02-15-2005, 01:36 AM

Last year when Malone went to the L.A. Fakers, I was PRAYING that the Utah Jazz would win the NBA Championship. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread contains my two most hated players in the NBA, I'm glad both of them are done.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT
Old 02-15-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad he didn't get a ring with anybody. I despise him as much as I can bring myself to care about a basketball player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Karl Malone is the greatest man ever to play in the NBA. Just ask that little mexican chick Kobe married.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:53 AM

He graduated from my College, Louisiana Tech. Him and Terry Bradshaw, sigh.

Melch
Old 02-15-2005, 02:00 AM

How can you not like Reggie Miller? That guy is the essence of the team player, especially with all the free agency money. He's quietly and honorably taken his reduced playing time these past few years, because he knows that he's not a 40-minute-a-night guy and that he helps his teammates just by his mere presence. Throw in an Olympic gold medal (which of course included guys like Malone, but still), and leading his team to the NBA finals and basically being THE face for Pacer basketball. You must be a Pistons or Knicks fan if you can say you hate #31 with a straight face.

Let's not forget the fact that Reggie is one of the most clutch players ever to set foot on hardwood.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you not like Reggie Miller? That guy is the essence of the team player, especially with all the free agency money. He's quietly and honorably taken his reduced playing time these past few years, because he knows that he's not a 40-minute-a-night guy and that he helps his teammates just by his mere presence. Throw in an Olympic gold medal (which of course included guys like Malone, but still), and leading his team to the NBA finals and basically being THE face for Pacer basketball. You must be a Pistons or Knicks fan if you can say you hate #31 with a straight face.

Let's not forget the fact that Reggie is one of the most clutch players ever to set foot on hardwood.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's easy to not like b/c he's a little b!tch. I mean, I think he's fine but he's *clearly* a little b!tch, it's not close.

As far as Karl retiring, it's about damn time! His career was amazing but as much for how long he stayed at the top of his game than where the top of his game actually was.

Yugoslav
Old 02-15-2005, 03:20 PM

Agreed. I think alot of his antics were to get under the other teams skin. Isn't that what Ali did when he boxed (I'm not comparing the two on any sort of skill field so settle down). I mean, he had alot of his opponents beat before he set foot in the ring. Reggie tried to do the same, you knew he was going to flop, to shoot, and run off screens all day, and there wasn't a thing you could do about it. He so frustrated Micheal Jordan, he attacked him. And lest we forget almost any minute he set foot in MSG.

For all his attitude on the court, he was still a great shooter. I can think of few better with 2.7 left on the clock. And off the court, he was a hero to the people of Indy. He certainly didn't carry his court image off the court.

If you don't like him, that's fine, but it will be a sad day in Indy when they pull that jersey to the rafters.

Cody
Old 02-15-2005, 04:18 PM

Some of Karl's comments at his retirement annoucement press conference.

* "Some say records are made to be broken; All records [including the NBA scoring record] are not made to be broken."
* "If you don't cry, you're not a man. Well, I have. I do. I cried when I saw 'Free Willy.' "
* "Don't ever sit back and wait on opportunities."
* "Go out and try to make a difference in life."
* "Whatever you do or say, you're going to be dissected. . . . I don't want to be famous anymore."
* "I am who I am. I would never change from who I am."
* "Stay proud. I learned that from my grandpa."
* "I like thoroughbreds, shoulders up and chest out."
* "Show me 10 ways I can't, and I'll show you 20 ways I can."
* "What doesn't break us makes us stronger."
* "To all the haters out there who had things to say to Karl Malone, say them to my face."
* "If the shoe fits, wear it." This came in connection with his description of this year's Jazz, saying some of the players were dogging it, just collecting paychecks.
* On 19 years in the NBA: "Enough is enough."
* "Everything that happens in your career, in your life, it sticks with you."
* "To quote the Wolverine [from the "X-Men" movies]: 'A wolverine is an animal that you don't cross. When you back him in a corner, [when] you mess with his family . . . you get to deal with the wolverine.' "
Old 02-15-2005, 05:53 PM

This just makes me that much more excited about Dikembe Mutumbo's impending retirement press conference! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yugoslav